[FESTIVAL] Do you have a guest book?

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[FESTIVAL] Do you have a guest book?

Quincy_0-1629821802847.jpeg

Screenshot 2021-08-24 at 17.20.43.pngThis topic is part of the CC Hospitality Festival, and was created by @Clara116

---

Do you have a guest book? Do you know the impact of the guest book in your Airbnb? It’s a treasure that can pack a terrific punch!

When beginning my Airbnb journey in June 2017 I worked to learn and follow all suggestions presented to me that made sense and seemed to work for others before me. Flash forward 4 years now, and this super host and community leader is really glad I did a few things that seem to make a difference for me as a host and also my guests.  

Whenever I am feeling low, funky, questioning my hosting, doubting my style, anything about being an Airbnb Host - I only have to go into the cottage that sits outback and read a few pages in the guest book, and suddenly I recall why I do this and that it is making a small difference for some folks, and it's like a quick charge of “another happy guest - and I guess I’m doing OK”! My guest book was ready on Day 1 - June 2017, and it holds way over 160 + fabulous messages of thanks, praise, comments and events that occurred during their stay and how that experience was for them as guests on Airbnb staying in our cottage…

And just an abundance of affirmation of WHY I do what I do.  

I believe it is a fabulous way for newbie guests to understand how to even begin to think about and/or write reviews, also, they read posts from past guests and "OH, they forgot how they love that." Or they too were glad about this being in the cottage…etc.  It's a really important part of hosting, I'm convinced - the guest book reaffirms for guests that others truly stayed, loved it, slept great, and enjoyed special places or foods that were recommended by their Host. And got to share places or things they found unique or awesome during their vacation/staycation/getaway.... journey.  They might tell of a special adventure, venue or place that even the Host didn't know was local or of any value to guests.  

I've read where a few Hosts say, "if guests write in the Guest Book, they will not leave a review for us." This has not been the case for me...actually, I believe it is a dress rehearsal for the review.  Almost all our guests have both written in the guest book and left awesome reviews. Do you ever wonder about certain guests, just couldn’t read them from communication or lack thereof and wondered if you were gonna get a surprise weird review? Well, very often those people will indeed write in the Guest Book and you don’t even need to think twice about the review that’s coming.  Also, most often they repeat a variation of the guest book words. If they write less detail in the review but wrote really cool stuff in the guest book - in the Review response on our listing, I have quoted my guests from the guest book - since they wrote it, and I thank them.  Also, you have wonderful captions/words to add under your photos if you want to boast and brag just a little. Plus, future guests are reading reviews to know what others experienced and thought.  It's true, pure & real marketing and the best of its kind, I believe. Many guests look at pics and don't read all the listing information, they do look at pics....so I add terrific comments under the pics on our listing.  

I am thankful for the Guest Book for keeping me lifted up (quick therapy) for times when I most need it. Also, the name of my cottage came from a comment by a guest in my guest book. It doesn't get any sweeter than that.  I call it the Magical Jewel Cottage in Pensacola! Striving for a little magic, one guest at a time.

Quincy_1-1629821802817.jpeg

Quincy_2-1629821802845.jpeg

Quincy_3-1629821802835.jpeg

Quincy_4-1629821802766.jpeg

What’s your take on the guest book? It's easy and costs little -  just a 3 ring binder, sheets of  paper with or without lines, a pen to write with kept close by. You can add pencils or color crayons for all those that have an artistic flair.  Keep it in a place the guests can easily see! It works for me - how about you?

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

15 Replies 15

@Jessica-and-Henry0  wow love it.... actually you do have a guest book right there just in single form....put them together and it's splendid! Thanks Jessica for posting. Hugs, Clara