Facebook access

John143
Level 6
Julian, CA

Facebook access

Why doesen't Airbnb link to the renters Facebook site so we can see who we are renting to?  The potential renter could even allow or disallow viewing of their pages.

4 Replies 4
Chien0
Level 2
Anaheim, CA

IF the renter is putting in a request and has not booked with you yet, it's because AirBnB is trying to deter from the potential of you and that potential renter booking off the site and therefore AirBnB does not make money off the booking. Once they have booked with you, you're given the person's contact phone number and their last name. If one of their verifications is Facebook, then you'd be able to look them up using their full name. Same with trying to give each other your phone numbers during the inquiry phase. It will block the phone number as "sensative material hidden." You can't even type Facebook or even FB in a message to someone that has not booked with you yet without it getting blocked.

Hello. I am a very new host and I am still learning. A man contacted me to ask for a booking. He asked for my last name, my exact address, and he asked to contact me on Facebook. The name "Facebook" came up on his message. I declined his request for a booking but he is still messaging me on the Air BNB website

Oh I made a mistake. He wrote " f book" and asked for my "na.me" so we can talk on Facebook. I declined his request and now I am asking if I should flag him. Did he have unreasonable requests? Also, his photo was extremely blurry (could have been anyone). Thanks

Jennifer100
Level 2
Washington, DC

I would feel weird if I (as a prospective guest) was researched on Facebook by potential hosts. That feels a bit too intrusive to me.