Free Smoke and CO Detector from Airbnb

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Free Smoke and CO Detector from Airbnb

Airbnb is offering a free Smoke and CO Detector for the first 25000 hosts who have an active listing. It is quick to complete the form and there is no charge for shipping and handling. If you are interested, check out this link.

https://www.airbnb.ca/home-safety?eluid=0&euid=c77d49e8-8456-0e78-c7d0-c5c508a73d77

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

43 Replies 43
Trine0
Level 4
Copenhagen, Denmark

@Dave-and-Deb0 thank you for sharing that infomation. I tryed to giv you a thumbs up, but got the text ; that I was unabel to do so to this post!

Amar0
Level 2
Singapore

Hi Dave,

Thanks for update and also for efforts to go more safe..

Good luck 🙂

Amar Singapore.

Bronwyn0
Level 6
Melbourne, Australia

Well done Airbnb for this initiative

Floral0
Level 2
Batu Feringghi, Malaysia

I have got it delivered to my door step 😉

Mari-And-Rachel0
Level 1
United Kingdom

Does this apply to UK hosts? The link diverts me to the .CA site automatically where my password isn't recognised,

Hi @Mari-And-Rachel0,

Try https://www.airbnb.com/home-safety

I can't be sure it works though but it should change the url to the UK one.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Debora2
Level 1
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom

Hi, 

we're in the UK and it worked for me?

Hope you get it sorted!

Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

@Dave-and-Deb0  Thats so awesome that you took the time to post this...how did you find out about that?  I didn't get an email from Airbnb notifying me that we could order one but I sure did once I got your community post.  So grateful. We were just about to buy new ones from Costco. 

I try to read as much as I can everywhere, but is there a place I can sign up for updates, newsletters as a host? I would love to get information from Airbnb no matter what its about.....reading is fun for me.  Especially when I am learning something.

Thanks for all of your wonderful helpful posts. I am trying to read your replies daily to help me become a better host....because I know there are ways to improve even if I am a superhost. Aloha, Momi #AirbnbHawaii

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Frances1
Level 2
Faversham, United Kingdom

Great idea - thanks - Frances 

Hans4
Level 2
Lancaster, PA

Thanks Dave! 

According to the terms, it's not really "free" as AirBnB takes the cost of the device out of your next guests stay (or up to three stays, depending on the price of your listing). Just thought you'd want to know!

Definitely would've been a cool initiative if it had been free! 

HI @Jim

Just wanted to let you know that I contacted Airbnb today and got written word that the Smoke Detector is DEFINITELY FREE.  Maybe you aren't reading correctly, but it does say its FREE to the first 25,000 hosts.  AND the one I ordered yesterday, will also be free as I am one of the lucky ones to respond quickly.   Hurry you might still have a chance too.  🙂

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Did you get it on your home adress directly?I'm not from the USA,i applied my home adress in Tbilisi.

Deorged0
Level 1
Manila, Philippines

Thanks a lot! We definitely need this.