Guest extended stay and got the new listing discount even though now well past 1st 3 bookings

Lynn143
Level 1
Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal

Guest extended stay and got the new listing discount even though now well past 1st 3 bookings

HI - and thanks in advance.   One of my 1st 3 bookings (so they got the AirBnB recommended promotional discount for 1st 3 bookings) has decided to extend their stay by 2 days.   When I sent a reservation change the AirBnB system calculated a price which I thought was fair….they appear to have kept the 15% discount for the 4 days, and then my standard >=5 days discount of 5% seemed to be calculated for the extension 2 days.     This morning, the guest has confirmed the extension, but it appears that AirBnB has given them the 15% discount for the entire period, which if memory serves me correctly is not what was calculated when I initiated the reservation change.   I am well past my first 3 books, so I would have thought that the calculation should be made on the current rate.

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Lynn143 

The price you sent the guest in the reservation change can not be altered by the guest and will not be altered by Airbnb. Normally changing a reservation with discounts involved is not calculated well, so often the price needs to be amended manually. Keep an eye on the calculated price in future !

Best regards,

Emiel