Guest profile picture no longer visible until booking confirmed

Katie583
Level 2
United States

Guest profile picture no longer visible until booking confirmed

How does everyone feel about Airbnb not letting you see who's booked in your property? I have had two felons now show up at my property one even had the balls to ask me to take him to the bail bondsman to bail people out. Airbnb does not do a good job of monitoring who is renting our personal homes and is just allowing anyone with an ID to rent it. Now I'm renting a room out of my personal home and I'm having not safe people show up. Airbnb has now taken off their profile pictures because they want to make more money and get more bookings. Unfortunately this is not a hotel it is our personal homes. Airbnb needs to realize this and make sure we are safe that is why we should be able to see their profile pictures and see their entire profiles before they come stay in our homes.

Airbnb is doing a horrible job I need to make sure we are safe. We are not here to make sure everyone gets a place to stay in our house. We are Airbnb and you need to make sure we are safe or you do not have a business any longer.

2 Replies 2
Daniel1598
Level 10
Fairfax, VA

@Katie583 There has been significant discussion around this topic. I am a superhost and I have been an Airbnb user since 2013. In my humble opinion I don't think this is a bad thing. Do you find that the reviews and communications with guests aren't sufficient for you to make a decision? In my experience, they do. I see how they've done with their stays with other hosts and how well they are communicating during their inquiry. Whether we like it or not, all people are susceptible to subconscious bias. It's a scientific fact. I think that delaying a profile picture helps to remove that barrier.

Jeff-And-Mary0
Level 2
Oconomowoc, WI

I just realized this no picture policy as I am entering my busy season.

This is MY HOME,  it is not a hotel.

I am not and should not be obligated to rent to just anybody because they need a place to stay.

I need to be able to make my own decision on who I will or will not be letting into MY home. 

I could go on and on as to why this a TERRIBLE decision.

Bottom line, if this corporation and its millennial PC pinheads continue to try and tell me what I must conform to, then I am out!