Guest w/a guinea pig

Leiloni0
Level 4
San Diego, CA

Guest w/a guinea pig

Hi Everyone,

inhave a guest who sent a reservation request asking if I would take her with a guinea pig. The guest just joined Air BNB and has no reviews. 

I have a no pets policy but dogs was what I had in mind when I set that rule. This reservation is for 22 days. 

I’ve never had a guinea pig and need some guidance on whether or not to accept the reservation. 

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

24 Replies 24
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Leiloni0 

they are cute and low maintenance guests 🙂

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuK41cBa3xU

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

I've never had one, but they are very popular here. We call them "sea pigs". Cute small animal, twice bigger then a hamster. Lives in a cage-like a birdcage, but bigger. They are clean animals and it's hard to classify them as "animals" for "airbnb purposes".

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Stormy helping with homeworkStormy helping with homework

They are lovely, sometimes a bit whiffy and can be vocal.

This is one of our three.

They cluck away to themselves and each other, purr when they're pleased about something and "wheek" loudly if there is intetesting food or the possibility of it.

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

In France they call me "Pig of India"In France they call me "Pig of India"

Magpie may look like a furry baked potato but she's a lovely pet.

Trevor243
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

We recently had guests who brought snakes and spiders with them .... I draw the line at crocodiles, unless they're muzzled ....

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Trevor243 Ah but what about the old cork on the teeth trick? If they're fresh from some wine, might even enjoy a slightly tipsy croc rocking around the floor. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Trevor243
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@StephanieCrocodiles have a lot of teeth, so that'll be a lot of corks ... and that means a lot of wine ... are you bringing the wine?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I happen to know our friend @Robin4 has a mighty stash of wine and, as an Ozzy, can probs help with the croc too.

Otherwise, might be a trip to aldi for me @Trevor243 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Trevor243
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@StephanieAnyone bringing wine is welcome .... and if all else fails, we have an Aldi down the road, a vineyard a few miles away, and a distillery making Isle of Wight Mermaid Gin (and more) not far from here!

Maj-Britt0
Level 4
Freiburg, Germany

Hi, maybe a few things to consider or clear with your guest before arrival- the cage needs cleaning- where do the discarded “stuff” go? And will this animal be alone for longer periods of time? And do you yourselves have animals..... good luck !

Andrea-and-Francis0
Level 10
Mississauga, Canada

They are cute & adorable but I would caution if their cages aren't cleaned out weekly they can get very smelly & they need bedding which can be messy etc so there is lots to consider.

Leiloni0
Level 4
San Diego, CA

Thank you for all of your replies. 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Mike-And-Helen0 Your guinea pigs are soooooo cute!  @Leiloni0 they're also old souls and good listeners.  🙂  @Andrea-and-Francis0 are right that their cages must be cleaned out weekly.  Bedding is usually biodegradable.  They use one corner of their cages as their "bathroom" so that corner needs particular attention...

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Thanks @Ann72 you've encouraged me to spam with #3 pig!I'm Fudge, co hosting piggieI'm Fudge, co hosting piggie