Guests leave without notice

Barbara115
Level 1
St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Guests leave without notice

People came, checked in, and left without any notice. They wanted to use my washing machine which was not listed as an amenitie. They were asked not to flush paper sanitary products and found that offensive. They were asked, as is common on st thomas, to toss soiled paper in the trash if they did not find that offensive. They then claimed that i told them they can not flush soiled paper which.is not true. The kitchen stove works and there is a medium size toaster oven andicrowave oven is no
1 Reply 1
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

They don;t have to give you notice that they are leaving - what you are worried about is a negative review. And they have not said that anyt of the reasons you have listed influenced their decision to leave.

On this occasion my strategy would be to leave it to the last minute to leave a simple but factual review sayinig that the guests were unfortunately uncomfortable in agreeing to local 'green' requirements.

YOu could, if you wish, email them now via  the AirBnB platfrom to ask if everything is ok as there does not seem to be anyone at the property. (How did you fine this out - maybe they are using it as a base for other trvaels)