Guests who have a confirmed reservation, but can't find the address...

Andrew42
Level 1
Sydney, Australia

Guests who have a confirmed reservation, but can't find the address...

One of the most frequest questions I get from guests after they have made their reservation - is "I can't find the address can you send it to me?" ...

Is the house manual emailed to your guest once their reservation is confirmed? Some people say they haven't got it, but I suspect they may not be tech-savvy types, or probably overlooked it.

Is there a way to re-send the house manual to your guest simply?

5 Replies 5
Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Geez, guests are dense. Once a booking is complete the guest can see the full address info, house manual and directions by just looking at the listing.  Also they will have the itinerary in their Dashboard that has the full address as well as the Host phone number.

Lynne2
Level 10
Stellenbosch, South Africa

Hi Andrew,

I always send my address and telephone number to the guests in my message to them just before they arrive.  I confirm their time of arrival, their mode of travel (rental car, taxi, etc) and whether they need directions.  Some guests are not that well travelled and struggle with a GPS.  I find that it's a good way of connecting with the guests and the first step to making them feel comfortable. 

Regards,

Lynne

Maryam-Al-Fakheer0
Level 10
Ma'an Governorate, Jordan

In my village we don't have any street names or house numbers, but the directions are very detailed and also everybody know me in the village. Just mention my name and people take you to my home.

My current guests arrived angry and said that the directions to my house were very complicated and not good. They are Russian and hardly speak or understand any English, but blame me for the "complicated"  directions (in English) ?  

Maryam-Al-Fakheer0
Level 10
Ma'an Governorate, Jordan

In my village we don't have any street names or house numbers, but the directions are very detailed and also everybody know me in the village. Just mention my name and people take you to my home.

My current guests arrived angry and said that the directions to my house were very complicated and not good. They are Russian and hardly speak or understand any English, but blame me for the "complicated"  directions (in English) ?  

Bernardo16
Level 1
Boston, MA

I have this same problem. Guests always ask about the address. I find that odd because whenever I use Airbnb as a traveler I do not have this problem.