Has anyone else experienced calendar glitches?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

Has anyone else experienced calendar glitches?

After an extended absence I have returned and I have got some tales to tell. I have experienced the best and the worst that Airbnb has to offer in hosting.

But that for another day. 

I was just doing a bit of housekeeping and have noticed my availability (as seen on my computer) does not match my calendar!

My availability on my listing page says I have October 18th, 22nd, 25th and 31st open for booking. 

Calendar Issues 1.png

I do not however. Here is October on my calendar page......

Calendar Issues 2.png

The 18th, 22nd, 25th and 31st are all already confirmed Airbnb bookings!

This problem is not showing up on my phone app and trying an incognito search on my computer yields the same results as this. 

I am just hoping I am not going to get a double booking, it has happened once before on Airbnb!

12.45am here, I will pursue this tomorrow!

Cheers.....Rob

23 Replies 23
Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Robin4 wow!

So very glad Ade got her phone back.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Robin4   That's depressing that a host would never bother to answer an urgent issue about a lost phone for 5 weeks, and here I sit stressing out about whether we need a new couch, and how to communicate to people about parking in the city.  Our calendar has been super glitchy for months, we also have a weird glitch where 15 'not possible' inquiries still list as 'pending' in the inbox, despite all the dates having passed many months ago.

And we contacted CS twice to ask for an explanation as to why the listing is 98%, yes 98% below the median for visibility.  We got a link to airbnb's standard template and were told that 'not everyone can be on the first page'.....so, I guess we will finally have to bite the bullet and list on HA.  Sad.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Mark116 

It looks like my call to CX this morning may have triggered something, I notice now that my listing visibility on my desktop coincides with my calendar. I did worry me though Mark.

With regard to that unresponsive host Mark, the cleaner said, a previous guest had left a laptop behind and she felt it was too valuable to leave in the rental property so she has taken it home for safe keeping until the owner claims it. The owner has not claimed it because he no doubt can't get onto the host to get any action to get it back!

I really feel like reporting this host. My feeling is she/he/it does not even reside in Australia and uses a management company who only deal in generic messages! They don't want to get involved in any personal contact. 

This is not the way hosting is supposed to be!

Cheers......Rob 

@Robin4    Even if it is a management company that is clearly used canned messages, someone is not doing their job.  It looks like no one ever read your messages, at all.  I could see some delay, maybe 24 or even 48 hours before whomever got around to reading them, but no response, period?  As you said, you guys could have had a real emergency and gotten the exact same set of canned messages.  No one ever talked to the cleaners, who could just as easily have stolen the phone or thrown it out, and none the wiser.

My calendar is still messed up, @Robin4 . I guess we will each have to call in, one at a time, to get it fixed...

Thanks for the bad host story. Makes the rest of us feel like heroes!

@Mark116, regarding the pending inbox .... if you do not pre-approve or decline the inquiry it will show as pending. I very rarely pre-approve or decline (because you don't have too) so I have 28 pending requests. They will sit there forever ... mine go back to 2017.

Sheryl93
Level 2
New Jersey, United States

Hi !

I've also had issues with the calendar. A couple of weeks ago I realized that there was no activity on my page so I decided investigate. Turns out that when they synchronized my three calendars it automatically blocked all three calendars for the next year. When I contacted the site to ask them why I was told it was something I set up. Needless to say I did not. I was not even aware of such abilities. However I have since had them correct it, and I now check my calendars every day for errors.

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hey @Robin4, nice to know you and Ade are both home and back into your routine.

The whole Hay scenario sounds a major disaster, except for the phone being saved by the cleaner! Gold star to her for her honesty, and the hosts lack of human response rather than generated responses is appalling and pi$$ weak! 

I have to confess that Balranald caravan park, for all it's absolute basic amenities, has been our stopping point over Hay! 

I reckon Hay could star in a Lee Child’s “Jack Reacher” novel!! ! Lol...

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Cathie19 

We do normally stay in the Balranald caravan park Cathie, but I generally leave Ade in charge of the booking of our accommodation and she left the booking until too late and they didn't have a cabin for us! So I had to do a bit of searching. Hay, being 135 Kms further on than Balranald was a bit further than either of us wanted to travel in one day but there wasn't anything else in Balranald that would accept a dog, this listing popped up in a search as being the only Airbnb in Hay and it was available, so that is why we ended up there.

The one upside of Hay for me is, it is so in the middle of nowhere that the night skies are absolutely awesome. There are so many stars it's frightening, the first time you see it. You can actually read a book by starlight alone the night sky is so bright! I have a fairly good quality small telescope (you may remember seeing it in my mancave) I throw in the car each time we go over and get the opportunity to, as Ade would say....'Probe the rings around Uranus'!

eCUrLC6jKRGnjbX2JGGEmE-650-80.jpg 

Our next Airbnb's were great though. We regularly stay with Rachel in Wagga and her place is lovely. It is right in the middle of Wagga but it is set on 5 acres and she agists horses, and along with her great dogs it forms a lovely rural stay where I get a chance to feed the horses and smell that great country air. We also stayed in what is the best Airbnb I have ever stayed in at Forbes. The cottage was just lovely, fabulously equipped, I just wish it was more on our regular path so I could use it more often.

I am off back to the East again this Thursday Cathie....elder daughter Sarah is taking me to Hobart for my belated birthday present (although I am paying) so I am looking forward to that, having not been to Tasmania before!

Hope all is well with you guys in Darwin.

Cheers......Rob