Has anyone successfully made a guest pay for extra guests?

Has anyone successfully made a guest pay for extra guests?

I had a guest that booked for 4 nights. We have a Ring video camera at the front door to monitor the property. Immediately, they came with a baby even though we have 'No Renters under 21' (House Rule violation #1). We have a strict (2) person maximum, but within 10 minutes, 2 more people came in (House Rule violation #2). Within a hour, 2 more people came in. They all left about 2 hours later, so we decided to just monitor the situation. She came back with the baby and a guy who was not listed at the time of booking (House Rule violation #3). When we realized this the next morning, we notified Airbnb. After a few back and forths, we agreed that they could either leave immediately, or pay $$ for the extra guests and child. The guest decided to pay, and agreed to the amount (all messages were through the Airbnb platform). Then we got from the guest...we will pay when we get home, then she hit her bank daily limit and would pay in the morning, then nothing. We have a request in, but I am not confident Airbnb will make them pay (even though the violated the contract and agreed to pay several times).

One more thing...when we went to the residence, there was a burn on the carpet, and weed on the coffee table. So we want to put in a claim on the security deposit as well.

Has anyone had Airbnb get involved and make the guest pay for extra people or extra cleaning fees? What about claims on the security deposit?

Thanks in advance. 

1 Reply 1
Kaylee18
Level 10
Hamilton, Canada

@Max-and-Shawn0   I've had a few guests bring extra people (2-3) and we also only allow 2. They only stayed for one night and rather than bring it up, I just allowed it since they were being quiet (I live upstairs). I just made mention of it in my review. 

I've heard conflicting things about ABB customer service and how they would handle asking the guest for more money. All depends on who you get.