Has everyone seen the new listing page photo layout with 5 of them on the main listing page.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

Has everyone seen the new listing page photo layout with 5 of them on the main listing page.

Ho hum guess it's time to move photo's around. It seems now the thumb nail photo and the first 4 photo's are on display. Better make them best of the best. I wish they would warn us about changes like this, not just let us stumble upon them. 

Screenshot (197).png

26 Replies 26
Kimberly54
Level 10
San Diego, CA

Hi @Letti0, oh my I am glad to see someone is keeping us up to date.  Thank you.

(I still haven't bothered to see if guests understand that they can NOT see giraffes, even if they stand up on the toilet.)

Thanks very much for the update.

(Would Fred  be able to post pictures of mirmaids?)

Sorry... different thread...

🙂

Kim
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

Just swapped them around hopefully this looks better until the dang paid for in APril photographer finally shows up. 

Screenshot (198).png

Hi @Letti0, I haven't checked mine yet, but I personally think the collage-format is kind of cool.  I'm also not sure what it's going to do to my captions, because they (and the pix) are set up much like a 'walking tour' of my place...in the order someone would see going through the house/grounds.   (Now I'm starting to dread looking it up...)

My best guess for the reason behind doing this is SPACE.

Hummmmm... all we can really do is roll with the punches and keep getting back up!

Best,

Kim

Hi there, 

I too thought I would arrange a photographer through Airbnb, then I read how they review the photos before you can use them and that can take upto four weeks.  

Anyone know why Airbnb is reviewing the photos?

Kim

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

thank you. Would not have known! So I went to change the photo order, but I am only getting the ice cream girl.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

My gosh @LettiHow many different tabs do you have open on your browser?! 🙂

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Emilia42

Yeah I was thinking the same thing Emilia, I try to restrict myself to a current 5 or 6 tabs....@Letti must have 50 or more open there!

@Letti, It must be a progressive roll-out. I have not seen a change here either @Jessica-and-Henry0 or @Pete28!

Another little tweeking we have to look forward to working with.

Why on earth can't they concentrate on fixing the rolling calendar and blocked dates!....... The problems with 'Pay less up front' cancellations.....Revenge reviews for stays that don't take place! Some of the things that do have a big impact on our hosting ability. Surely there are dozens of more important issues than the appearance of the listing page!  

On a nicer note, I just received a nice little gift from Airbnb. It's a guest comments book. I always like the hand written notes that come with these gifts. To me it means I was worth the time for someone to personally write that. 

@Lizzie  and  @Quincy have done the same at times and it means a lot so see those hand written words there!

IMG20181004141741.jpg

I am in two minds about the guest book! I have not used one up to this point, and I have regretted that because three years of hosting has slipped by and I don't know that better late than never applies here. 

I am concerned that guests may feel they have done their bit if they write in the book when they leave (after all it is an Airbnb book) and they would less inclined to leave a review and do it all over again. I can see the reaction being...."Do I really have to go through this again"!

It could be more of a negative than a positive. I would rather the words be on the web page than in a book gathering dust. 

I would love to hear from others who do use a guest book.....what has been their experience?

Cheers.....Rob

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Right, @Robin4. I am seeing the new layout. You will soon, no doubt!

In regards to guest books, I have just filled one (again) and not replaced it yet but only because I am stupidly busy and hate shopping. I have a filled stack sitting on a table, I just ran out so now they leave loose leaf notes instead if they have something to say. Yes, I have found that guests who write in the book MAY not write again. But then again, some do. When you are old and grey and no longer on Air, and have no listing or maybe the internet has exploded, will you enjoy a re-read? I have provided coloured pencils and things for my guest books and NO lined pages (important) and it has become a glorious mix of writing and amazing drawings. It does warm my heart. In the past I have sometimes doubted myself but when I did, I just had to look a the guest book and I was excited to do what I did again.

With your new book (gifted! Wow.) it is just like me starting a fresh book, it really doesn't matter. The logo might deter from double review making. My paper reviews are for ME, the online ones are for the public. That's how I see it.

@Letti0

yes, I have a new layout... I remember few months ago ABB tested this new layut and then it went back to normal. Now it is here again.... Do they really don't have anything more important to work on????

@Robin4

as you said:

"

I am concerned that guests may feel they have done their bit if they write in the book when they leave (after all it is an Airbnb book) and they would less inclined to leave a review and do it all over again. I can see the reaction being...."Do I really have to go through this again"!

It could be more of a negative than a positive. I would rather the words be on the web page than in a book gathering dust. "

I am thinking the same way.

Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Not seeing that layout here in Seattle. Must be doing more AB testing. No idea how they judge the value of these features, other than in confusing the user....

My layout hasn't changed either....... must still be in the trial phase.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Mine hasn't changed yet either. 

@Letti0   They're punishing you for knowing every word of Airbnb official policies 🙂

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Letti0 Not showing up like that here either.  I wonder why they are fiddling about with the photos when we are having problems with the stats updates for views and reservations.  

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Rachel0   Oh, fixing what's broken isn't any fun. It's way more fun to fiddle around with host's listings without their permission or even the courtesy of notifying them.