Have you ever made anything for your listing?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Have you ever made anything for your listing?

Made anything.jpg

Hello everyone,

Over the years of knowing many of you, I have noticed we have quite a creative group of people here in the CC. Many of you have great flare with the paint brush creating artworks for your walls, some of you have constructed your own furniture, knit beautiful blankets and some of you have even built the whole house. 🙂

These personal touches can really make your listing feel like a home.

Have you ever created anything for yours and do they ever become a talking point with your guests?

It would be great to hear your experiences.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

66 Replies 66
Alyssa127
Level 2
Fort Collins, CO

20190206_171518.jpg20190206_171426.jpg

@Alyssa127Did you design and paint the room divider yourself?

So beautiful!!

What didn't we make? Richard hand restored all cabinetry, painted walls, laid flooring, made and installed all light fixtures...basically everything and anything that a restoration/renovation project requires. While I made all the artwork for the house including textile art and a holiday hanging installation which comes out during winter time.

We have gotten compliments from our guests but what really warms my heart is learning that people appreciate the uniqueness of all one of a kind hand made items that adorn and make our little house a fun looking place.

pic.16.jpg

pic.23.jpg

pic.27.jpg

pic.30.jpg

pic.50.jpg

pic.55.jpg

pic.66.jpg

textile art.jpg

@Richard-and-Isabel0where did you get your Kiwifruit cushion from?

Amazon. You get the premade "covers" and just buy the stuffing. Sadly I couldn't find the link via our purchase history, but I have seen them on both Amazon and Ebay.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Lizzie@Richard-and-Isabel0@Alyssa127@Lawrene0@Robin4@Donna@Sarah and @everyoneelse

It's fabulous to see all your varied talents and colourful homes.

All the best

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Lizzie, what have you made in your home?

Are you into art, as in painting?

Crafts as in sewing, knitting, crotchet?

Or a dab hand at all manner of things?

Ditto @Quincy0

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Helen427, it's funny that you mention this! It's been a while but I made some oven gloves a while ago! I'll see if I can still find a photo of it :-).  

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Quincy 

Did you use a sewing pattern?

Where did you get your sewing talents from if you did?

Everyone used to be taught sewing and craft skills, they are great to have.

Looking forward to seeing your oven mitt photos... There might be a picture in your collection with them in the background 🍳

Sorien0
Level 1
Pretoria, South Africa

Hi,

I made my own Macramé wall hanging cause I could not afford to buy one and the result was amazing. It was so satisfying to be so creative..

14B1ADC3-0361-4AC0-93D8-9555634B4975.jpeg

DB0780DA-53FD-44F6-A6F7-1937C72D76D0.jpeg

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Sorien0

This so reminds me of when we were at school and learnt Macrame.

I made an owl out of Jute and a potplant hanger - I must try find where they are packed away.

It's nice to rotate Artwork and Creative objects from time to time

Rubén16
Level 10
Vermont, United States

@Lizzie  Everyhing that we do and if we put our hands behind it creates a craft, Dorothy does oil paintings and she done a painting of our Rusty Cabin.

IMG_6677.JPG

Rubén
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Rueben0, What is your dogs name and breed?

Casey71
Level 2
San Isidro de El General, Costa Rica

Yes, you might say that, 😉  My wife decorated all four outside walls of our Costa Rica cabin with mosaics. She also decorates inside with her painted stones and a couple of paintings. People always comment on these.

cabina6sml.jpgIMG_20180204_094319.jpg