Help. I need input on writing a negative review due to an incident involving emergency crews

Katherine153
Level 1
Winkler, Canada

Help. I need input on writing a negative review due to an incident involving emergency crews

We have hosted guests in our basement apartment for two years.  This is the first time I am struggling with a review.

Our guests were three young women here for a friends wedding.  The last evening they were here I woke up from loud footsteps on the basement stairs.  I went to check out the window and noticed an ambulance soon joined by a second one and a police officer.  It turns out that the guests ingested a (drug perhaps?) substance that caused negative reactions that sent them to the hospital.   Everthing was done quietly (no sirens, loud noise etc.)

We live on a very quiet street and want to keep it that way.  I do not want to have our neighbours unhappy.

Thanks for your input.

8 Replies 8
Phyllis29
Level 3
Dallas, TX

Sounds like without actual knowledge/proof it was drug related, you don't have cause to leave a negative review. Could it not have been another kind of medical emergency?

Did the other guests talk to you about what happened? 

@Katherine153:
I have to agree with @Phyllis29. Without knowing exactly what was ingested and if it was accidental it would not be wise to leave a bad review that could come back to bite you, especially since medical issues could be protected information. The entire situation could have been a simple allergic reaction. Focus on the good. Accidents happen- that is why there are ambulances.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Katherine153

How do you know they ingested something.

How do you know it was self adminstered?

Mark26
Level 10
Melbourne Beach, FL

The Nerve... We had guests stay here earlier this year, and they brought some friends with them, one of which didn't know how to keep their head above water when they swim.  It was horrible.  The Fire Rescue people had to go out into the ocean to haul his sputtering carcas back to shore before he became shark food.  They even rushed him off to the hospital for observation. The whole town saw the ambulance and everything.  Of course, I didn't see anything because I was here busilly scrubbing toilets and pressing sheets and minding my own busines, but our guests told me about it the next day, and I'm thoroughly mortified.  I'll bet when your neighbors hear about the accidental poisoning your guests suffered they'll be a little ticked off that the ambulances arrived without making a disturbance.  Hopefully next time they'll show up with lights and sirens.

@Mark26 That is hilarious Mark...the nerve, sputtering carcas...lol:)

Ellen33
Level 9
Assenede, Belgium

You have no reason to write a negative review....thats really rude of you. You think immediatly about drugs but allergies can occur and even if it was because of drugs , they handled the sutuation very discrete.

Hi Ellen,

My apologies.  I wasn't very clear with the details.  I went outside to find out what happened to our guests.  I was there when they told the medics and police what they thought they ingested.  (When I mentioned drugs I meant an illegal substance)  As their host I was very concerned for their well being.  I also picked them up from the hospital later that same morning. 

Hope this clears things up.  

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Katherine153 Why do you need to write a negative review?? just curious............did they do something to break house rules???

Best to you