Host Tools

Nuno-Y-Daniel0
Level 9
Porto, Portugal

Host Tools

Every host sooner or later wil end up using some apps, check lists, excel and google doc sheets or other ways to simply organize and manage all guests reservations. Today have seen @Trevor0 check list to use before guests move in, @Lucas0 as made a file sharing with 101 ideas and I use a form for a smooth check in. I have posted the links below and feel free to share your thoughts about some management routines that could help other hosts.

My Check-In Form - http://bit.ly/1PVHC7o plus working with Asana to manage team tasks

@Trevor0  Airbnb prep list - http://www.marcymobile.com/makeover/

@Lucas0 101 ideas for Airbnb hosts (download

Cheers, 

Daniel 

6 Replies 6
Trevor0
Level 3
New York, NY

Great tools @Nuno-Y-Daniel0 and @Lucas

I will keep them both in my toolkit.

Trevor

Deb0
Level 9
Mendocino, CA

@Daniel thanks for posting these tools. I'm especially interested in your check in form. It's super slick. At what point in the reservation process do they receive this? Is it email able? Was it difficult to create?

@Deb its quite easy to create. Typeform are quite innovative when it comes to design but mainly works great on mobile.
I usually use to reinforce some check in out details and to solve some problems we were having to get all guests details to send to immigration service. Its required legal here. You can use in many different ways if you use forms. Think you can even use an attack way out file. Is great for add directions, general info or things to do.

Very cool. I'll be checking that out as soon as I have a chance. Thanks for the tip.

Lisa10
Level 3
New Orleans, LA

Thanks @Nuno-Y-Daniel0 - great thread! 

I've been hosting for about 5 years and as I became more comfortable in the hosting scene I started to host remotely (more often than not I'm away when my guests arrive).  But as the number of listings I managed grew, so did my anxiety about keeping things in order. I was always worried that I either forgot to schedule a cleaner for the turn-over, scheduled the cleaner and they forgot... or even in the best-case scenario when my long-standing housekeeper was taking care of my turnover, I worried she would forget an important detail (like cleaning the fridge out or leaving the keys in the lock box). In the past few months I've been using an app called Properly (SF based start-up); a mobile tool to help my housekeepers and I stay organized and never miss a detail.

Hosts create visual checklists (instead of printing or emailing those to-do lists / turnover checklists) and share them with their cleaners and housekeepers. Some of my fav features are:

- The Integration with Airbnb - It imported my listings and photos which made creating the visual checklist easier. Plus when a new booking comes in, I get a little reminder to schedule a housekeeper so I can keep track of who i’ve booked for a cleaning before and after check-ins.

- Activity page is also where I can keep track of all my bookings & see which turnovers I have a housekeeper scheduled for.

- Status alerts so I know when my housekeeper actually got to my listing and being able to see her progress along the way as she checks items off my checklist on Properly. I can also set photos for her to send back to me of certain tasks which I used to have her email to me. Now it’s all in once place.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I now work for Properly. I started out just testing their app before they launched and loved it so much I accepted a part-time job (I'm still hosting full-time). I've been wanting to share this mobile tool with fellow Airbnb hosts but didn't want to appear sales-y. Just discovered this board and thought it would be an appropriate place to share.

Hopefully this is helpful to you! Happy to answer any questions. I've been using Properly about a month now and you can download it for free here: http://bit.ly/Get_Properly

~Lisa

QandR0
Level 1
New York, New York, United States

Hi Daniel,

Indeed, it is hard to keep all reservation's information up to date and in one place, especially when you have a team.

I found a tool which makes short term rentals management easier: www.bnbflow.com. It allows property managers / hosts to centralize reservation information in one place, and share all relevant information with your team. It is great to keep your team on the same page, send reminders and refere to up to date information all the time. Check it out.

Have a great day,

Quentin