Host cancelation Vs guest 48 hour cool down

Barry105
Level 3
Medellín, Colombia

Host cancelation Vs guest 48 hour cool down

I just had to vent.  I accidentaly goofed on closing the calendars.  I tried to ask the guest if he wanted a very similiar property he said no.  I cancelled all with in 2 hours of him booking  1 month out....I got hit with a $50 airbnb fine....  2 days later the guest books the apartment we manage and with in 48 hours cancels....he gets a free 48 hour cool down...I get a $50 fine.....Plus updating the books, and calendars...

Does anyone else fine this unfair.....Or I should stay silent because of all airbnb does for us?

3 Replies 3
Ava30
Level 10
Eureka, CA

Hi Barry, Oh Hell No do not stay silent.  That is complete and utter Bu*****it! You probably won’t get anywhere with anybody on the phone. I’ve heard it suggested that talking about these thing on their Facebook or Twitter feed Can get some results. You might also try entering it as Feedback  about their product. And do it often. 

Its a slap in the face to hosts. You want to offer a cool down?  Let both sides have 48 hours. Icalc formulas sometimes fail. I had this happen and calendars not close properly.   I’m not shopping around for better guests. I know they give you like 3 a year. But it’s easy to hit this with multiple properties. 30 days guest has plenty of time to re-book. Charging me $50 while letting him cancel hurts. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Barry105,

Nice to meet you. I'm sorry to hear your frustration here and I can understand your sense of unfairness. 

I wonder have you tried calling our Support Team directly about this, to mention your mistake? 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.