House Rules at the time of booking

Wayan1
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

House Rules at the time of booking

I recently changed my house rules, especially the rule about breakfast.

Now, when I go to any of my reservations, the rules apply to all existing reservations, which is a mistake of the system.

At the time of booking, the House-Rules, House Manuel and House directions (all of them are displayed at the confirmation page) must be copied into the confirmation page. 

regards

Nyoman

4 Replies 4
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Wayan1

I took a look at your listing and I believe you need to revise your "House Rules".  Most of the information you have are not "Rules" but information which should probably be included in your description.  

Cheers

David

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Airbnb creates a Booking confirmation page, which the customer and the host can print.

This booking confirmation should reflect the conditions at the time of booking, otherwise the confirmation page makes no sense.

What if you change your conditions like mine:

Before (since beginning till 1 month ago): everyday breakfast was included. 

Now only the first day breakfast is included.

But now all the booking confirmation shows the new conditions.

I am looking for solutions in here, not for complains. I think Airbnb is simply not supporting that feature.

Hi, I was not "complaining" but just offering a suggestion which you can take or leave. I understand that some people can't handle feedback and I will keep that in mind for any other requests for help you may post on the Community Center.

In answer to your question, I too noticed that the new rules seem to apply to a guests confirmation. I am not sure if this is actually what the guests actual confirmation states.

Sorry for upsetting you and happy hosting!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Pete130
Level 1
Bangkok, Thailand

My host was new to AirBnB so was adding extra House Rules after I had booked. Most I had no issue with but some, such as extra fees/night for bedding if wanted to use the sofa bed, extra fee for check-in between 11PM-8AM, etc would have pushed the cost above what other properties I might have chosen instead at the time. Luckily I took a screen shot of the house rules at the time I booked, as a reminder, as the rules  *at time of booking* are not included in the reservation confirmation email.

I think it a good idea for hosts to send a msg/email to those that have already booked when the host changes/updates any house rules to avoid any surprises and potiential misunderstandings after the guest has arrived. In my case I had to be the one to send a message to the host to clarify what house rule changes would/wouldn't apply to me. I was just lucky to have revisted the AirBnB listing after booking and noticed the change in fees. Here is a Reddit thread on the subject: https://www.reddit.com/r/AirBnB/comments/55lfkx/host_changing_house_rules_after_bookingis_there_a/