How come airbnb does not update the description of my house?

Olivia13
Level 1
Oxford, United Kingdom

How come airbnb does not update the description of my house?

Hi everyone, I updated the description of my house 4 days ago but it still shows the old one for users. What can I do? How long does it usually take until airbnb updates changes? Ideas very welcome. Thank you community!!

12 Replies 12

Airbnb don't monitor, review or approve the changes that you make to your listing. Any modifications that you make to your description, policies, photos etc should save and update automatically... Any changes made are instant.

wrong- it does not and i have the same issue

@Paul471 wrote:

wrong- it does not and i have the same issue

@Paul471 there was probably a more polite way to express that.

Karen204
Level 2
Kenmore, NY

I have been trying to update my rules listing (to delete the first paragraph), several times.  It then saves but does not delete that paragraph that I want deleted.  Ive tried this several times.  I delet the paragraph, then system says:  "saving", then "save" but that paragraph reapears.  I have not had a problem with this in the past.

@Karen204

What would you like me to do about your problem?

Mike
AirBnB Treehouse for Rent
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/7292887

Nadja20
Level 1
Zurich, Switzerland

i have the same problem, any solution found?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Nadja20 @Paul471

Hi Nadja, what is happening your browser automatically opens the page you have been using for a considerable time. Your updates were noted and accepted immediately but, you need to delete your cache for your page to open and display your current settings.

As it stands other people can view your listing as it is now, but your can't.

Go into your history and delete your cache and you will then be able to view your changes.

And I guarantee if you contact Airbnb help, this is the first thing they will tell you to do.

Cheers.....Rob

Hey Rob

Many thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, this is not the case, I tried it all. Emptying cache, different browser etc. It's not even bookable on the dates I selected in the calender. 😞

How can I actually contact Airbnb admin..?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Nadja20

Hi Nadja, you do definitely have a problem then. You will have to contact Airbnb in Switzerland on +41 43 50 84 900. I don't know what phone holds times are like in Switzerland but I believe the best and fastest way to contact Airbnb is via Twitter. If you have an account log into Twitter

Step 2: Search for @Airbnbhelp and choose "Follow" them

Step 3: Send a Direct Message (DM) explaining your issue and wait for their response.  They may ask for information such as your listing but always provide it over DM so it is not public.

If you do not have a Twitter account it is quick and easy to join and, it's free!

I am sorry I can't be of more help but I hope you can get this sorted out.

Cheers.....Rob

Bruce43
Level 10
Kfar Blum, Israel

@Olivia13 did you try looking at your listing as a guest?

I am having the same problem in Texas, USA. It keeps showing an old photo when I post it on Facebook. I've tried every which way to get it to show the new one (different browsers, delete history, posting link directly to FB, deleting photo) and it keeps showing the photo. 

Vineeta3
Level 1
Sway, United Kingdom

I'm having these issues as well. Any solutions provided by @Airbnb as yet?