How do I email Air BB for an issue not listed in their help section?

Catherine13
Level 2
Silver City, NM

How do I email Air BB for an issue not listed in their help section?

I received super host badge from Air BB a while back.  When I refused several shaky people in a row, Air BB sent me a note saying I would lose my super host status for declining too many reservations.  I would like to give them specific feedback that does not fit in the drop down help menu they provide.

For example:  I do not accpet reservations from people moving out of employee housing and looking for a nice private room to get away from the seasonal worker scene.  Why?  Because the buildings the kids live in have bed bugs.  I do not want their belongings to carry that to my house.

I do not offer a room for 4 people.  It is clearly stated on the web site, yet people ask me to let them bring more than I accept.

I do not allow pets, yet people ask for reservations and want to bring a pet.

I have a 2 night minimum and people request a reservation for one night and ask me to change my policy.

Is there no place to send a personal email to Air BB to report this?  It seems to be escalating this season.

3 Replies 3
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Catherine13,

I find the easiest and fastest way to get help with Airbnb is to send a direct message to them via Twitter @Airbnbhelp but this would require having a Twitter account.

You could also call them.  If you don't have their number, you can find it here.

I see a lot of people contact you for questions that you already cover on your listing.  I do see you are somewhat "discriminating" (people moving out of employee housing) against some and painting them all with the same brush but others it must be frustrating that they do not read your listing.

I am not sure if there is an email address you can send your specific feedback but I would try the two options I provided above.  I do believe though that dealing with inquiries is just part of being an Airbnb host.

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

how to list several rooms in the same house. I was told I had to list each one individually. But then how do the guests know which rooms share a bath, which ones are on what floor, etc. I have 6 available bedrooms. I am new to this and tried to call them so I could explain and get some help, by clicking on the link Dave suggested and it said I didn't have the "privilege" of contacting them. I don't have a twitter account. They certainly make it very difficult to do a listing properly.

Hi @Jill9,

Yes, you will need to list each room individually.  I recommend giving each room an identifying name and including in the details which rooms share a bath and what floors they are on, etc.  

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host