How do I opt out of Airbnb Plus?

Tom248
Level 2
Vashon, WA

How do I opt out of Airbnb Plus?

Good Day, I wish to opt out of Airbnb Plus. 

I can't find any help on the Airbnb site for the technical steps in doing so.

Does anyone know how to opt out of Airbnb Plus, online? 

9 Replies 9
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

It looks like you managed it, @Tom248. Your listing is not showing as Plus for me. What did you do? I am Minus, if anything, so this question is not for myself :). 

Your place looks amazing. Do you mind saying why you opted out? 

Hi Lawrene, I think I jumped on the Plus wagon without really thinking about it.  I worry about guest expectations now. Plus you lose control of what photos and text you can post. Airbnb controls the content. 

Tom248
Level 2
Vashon, WA

I'm in the process of becoming AirBnb Plus, but I want to stop the process. That is what I don't know how to do. 

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Ah, okay. Thanks for the extra information, @Tom248. I would worry about guest expectations, too, and loss of control over photographs and description. I had that loss of control with another booking platform, and I hated it. Got out.

Your situation sounds like something you would have to call Airbnb customer service about. Do you have the number? If not, just google it. It's easier than finding it through the site. 

Let us know what happens.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Tom248  Here's the numbers for you.

AirBnB number:

United States and Canada

+1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

For Superhosts (they will verify you):

North America: +1-647-945-9627 +1.888.326.5753

Tom248
Level 2
Vashon, WA

Thank you Letti!

Shelley127
Level 3
Denver, CO

I have a great place in Denver that is almost always booked. listed on Airbnb plus two weeks ago- Airbnb gave it a new, less appealing title and photos that are far lower quality than the original professional photos I had taken and I have had ZERO new bookings. 

Should I hang in there or should I get out of this program? ANYONE KNOW HOW TO OPT OUT?

Airbnb totally messed up how the photos represent my place and there is not a single contact person that can help me so far. I would be grateful for any and all feedback. There is nothing like investing more money into something that was already working great to find that it actually now isn't working at all. 

@Shelley127

you might want to check out some of the other threads on airbnbs currently broken pricing on the web site - it's been ongoing for 10+ days. They are now only showing base price without cleaning fee, so if your base is high forget about getting bookings.

As an example, a search for weekend in Seattle <$100 will return 300+ listings most of which are over $100 with cleaning fee. Guests will drop the search price or give up 😞

When will Airbnb fix this ?!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Shelley127

Shelley, I have always subscribed to the theory...'If it ain't broke',  don't fix it'!!

Many hosts who felt they were going to improve what they already did very well have come to the conclusion they have made a mistake.

Shelley, you earn your way into Superhost! Your guests award that to you.

You buy your way into Plus! Airbnb gives you Plus listing as a reward for parting with money.

The guest is taken out of the equation....sort of speaks for itself, doesn't it!

Cheers......Rob