How do you pay your cleaner for cleaning small apartments?

Marius29
Level 2
Kaunas, Lithuania

How do you pay your cleaner for cleaning small apartments?

Hello, I have 3 apartments which are small 1-2 rooms apartments (30-45sq.m), and I set cleaning fee to 10EUR because I clean myself, this is more or less normal price in our area. However I am thinking to find someone who could clean all three apartments.

I think the best would be to find one constantan person who could be doing cleaning. So I could teach her if she do something wrong, etc. However I understand that she should be available daily roughly between 11AM and 3PM. Of course some guests might checkout at 8AM, so she could go and clean earlier.

The question what is your agreement with cleaner, do you pay for each cleaning or monthly rate?

I am referring especially to Europe, smaller cities where you rent small apartments and cannot charge like 100EUR cleaning fee, because your nightly rate is 30-50EUR.

I get weekly, 2-3 nights, 1 night bookings. So if I would pay for each cleaning lets say 15EUR in some weeks it might be that cleaner would earn like 15-30EUR because there would be 1-2 cleanings/checkouts. But I would need her to be available everyday 11AM-3PM because there might be one-night bookings and she might need to go clean the other day.

So cleaner income would be very unstable every week and I doubt that i could keep her for a long time.

So maybe it would be best to pay monthly rate?

For example I pay 300EUR and she would do up to 20 cleanings, if there would be extra cleanings I would add some extra money to that.

But on the other hand if there would be a month with only 10 cleanings, lets say I will get weekly bookings, so basically I would loose.

I would really appreciate your input on this.

Thanks,

Marius.

1 Reply 1

I’ve just started hosting. I have a small studio apartment. One room sofa bed kitchen bathroom. I pay £50 per changeover. So guests need to be met. Then after, the flat needs to be cleaned and laundry taken to be laundered. My question is. Is this a good rate. I’d say 3 hours work and being on call if anything happens. She brings milk etc. I’d appreciate some feedback. Thank you