How should I set things up to host 2 listings on one property?

Rachel973
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

How should I set things up to host 2 listings on one property?

For my listing in Kansas City, Missouri, USA.  As a host, how should I set things up so there are 2 listings on the same property, which can be rented individually or both of them together?  It's a main house plus a guest house, where the only thing shared would be the backyard patio / BBQ area, and the front yard.  I was wondering if Airbnb has something set up already for hosts to  list a property like this. 

It would be good if there was one listing that showed the option of renting the main house and guest house together as one thing, and then 2 other listings that showed the options of renting them separately.  So that would be a total of 3 listings.  But if they were linked, then it would be cool because any time one of the 2 houses gets booked, that means that the "full property" listing would be automatically marked unavailable.    Or, any time the option of renting the 2 houses together gets booked, then both of the 2 listings which are just renting an individual building, becomes unavailable.

I'm just wondering if there is something already set up for this?  Or do I just make 3 independent listings, and manually update the calendars, based on which houses have gotten booked on which dates?  Thank you!

3 Replies 3
Rachel973
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

By the way, this question is regarding my property in Kansas City, MO.  Thank you!

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Rachel973 You would need to create three seperate listings: one for each of the seperate spaces, and one for both spaces together, as you say. However, you can tie the calendars together so the spaces can't be double booked: see this tuturial for help: https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/1864/how-do-i-link-airbnb-calendars-for-multiple-listings.

Hi Rachel, we have a good amount of knowledge and experience with this, and would be glad to assist in setting up listing if you have not already, or discuss your property's potential for revenue etc.  Please let me know if you'd like to discuss chris.propertyconsultant@gmail.com