How to allow guests to pay monthly

James1192
Level 1
Palo Alto, CA

How to allow guests to pay monthly

Hello everyone!

I have a guest that is interested in renting for about 3-4 months.  She is requesting that she pay monthly though.  

From my experience having been hosting for about 5 months on Airbnb, a guests payment option is something that I cannot control.  Is there anyway Airbnb can give guest the option to pay monthly when hosts allow that style of payment?

Please let me know.

Best 🙂

2 Replies 2
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@James1192  If the guest books for 3-4 months they fall under AirBnB's Long Term Policy which means they get charged monthly and you get paid monthly. 

How do I pay for my long-term reservation?

If you book a long term reservation that lasts 28 nights or more, you’ll be charged a first month down payment and the rest will be collected in monthly installments.

At the moment, you can only pay for a long term reservation on a computer.

First month down payment

Once you’ve booked a long term reservation, you’ll be charged for the first month of your stay upfront. We’ll hold this payment until 24 hours after check-in before giving it to the host.

Payment for future months

After check-in, we’ll charge you monthly, using the same payment method, for the duration of your reservation. In other words, you won’t make a second payment until approximately one month after you check in. The monthly price you pay is locked at the beginning of the reservation.

You can see your total reservation cost and successful payments made on your billing receipt.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/245/how-do-i-pay-for-my-long-term-reservation

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@James1192 Guests renting for over 28 days are charged monthly anyway. There will be information on the website about long term reservations.

You should probably read up on these before you accept the booking. Also ensure you are familiar with your local laws around tenants rights and what happens if they choose not to leave at the end of their stay.