How to get more guests to leave a review

Bob39
Level 10
Goldfield, NV

How to get more guests to leave a review

According to the stats in my "Progress" section, only 46% of my guests have left reviews. Quite a few who have said they "loved it" at checkout have failed to actually leave a review. Do you have any tips for encouraging guests to take the trouble to actually sit down and do the review?

Thanks

6 Replies 6
Vanessa-and-Kurt0
Level 10
Farmington, CT

Right after my guest leaves I send this message:

"We really enjoyed hosting you and hope we provided a 5 star stay. Please leave a review at your earliest convenience.
Most kind regards & happy travels!"

I get 100% 5 stars and about 98% review responses.

Great, I'll try that. Thanks.

Colleen47
Level 10
Frisco, CO

Hey there. While I'm still relatively new I don't have a million reviews, but I'll take quality over quantity. I always follow up wih a message that says (essentially) thanks for staying, hope you had a wonderful time. Please leave us a review if it's not too much trouble, we appreciate your input. 

Seems to work 

@Bob39

Good idea. Thanks

Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Bob39 If a “review” is what you want, then it’s a matter of ABC(always be closing). 

Guest: “Hey Bob! We love the place! It’s beautiful”.

ABC 

Bob: “ Thank you so much. We look forward to reading your review online. Travel safe”.

Guest: “This place is the Best!”

ABC 

Bob: “It really is a great house. Check out our reviews from other guest for tips about the area and the house. You can also leave a review giving other future guest tips. It’s really cool”.

I think guest have to be lead on the path to a review with a little direction from the Host in the very beginning of a listing life span. 

Some host are very direct and to the point but a subtle hint usually gets the point across.

Good Luck!

’You know it’s hard out here for a Host’

Bob39
Level 10
Goldfield, NV

I'll give that a try. Thank you