I am concerned that some guests may be using the Review system to hise their rating

Sue-and-Ian0
Level 1
Sapphire Beach, Australia

I am concerned that some guests may be using the Review system to hise their rating

It seems some guests never leave responses, and I am concerned they may be trying to 'play the system'. Given it needs both Host and Guest to provide feedback before it is published, and thus ratings are assembled, seeing Guests who have been members for many years with 0 Reviews makes me suspicious. The Guests we have had theat have not left responses and been in this category or have very few Reviews given their activity have indeed been the ones you would prefer not to come back. Is there any way to share, apart from "Report the User" (which I am not sure what that gives to future hosts), that would enable future Hosts to beware, especially when you are an Instant Book Host.

2 Replies 2
Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Sue-and-Ian0 Reviews get published after 14 days regardless of whether both parties have left one or not. you can't 'play the system' by not leaving a review - whether you are a host or a guest.

Sue-and-Ian0
Level 1
Sapphire Beach, Australia

Thanks Gillian,  we have had a couple of guest requests where they have advised they have used Airbnb previously yet they have no reviews.  We have also reviewed 1 particular guest where the comments have not been published.  Maybe they objected to the comments/issues raised? Thus my question.