I am wondering how many super hosts received gifts this xmas?

Ashleigh0
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

I am wondering how many super hosts received gifts this xmas?

Hi I am wondering how many super hosts received gifts and thank you notes from Airbnb this xmas?

11 Replies 11
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

BNB messed up my listing so that I got no new bookings for over a month, I spent an inordinate amount of time sorting it out. Not only did they refuse to compensate me for my time but I didn't get a Christmas Card from them let alone a present.

What did you get?

Andrea550
Level 2
California, United States

I have never received a Superhost gift, and I've been one for almost 2 years.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Ashleigh0 @Andrea550

Last Christmas I received an Airbnb bag with all sorts of things in it ....drink coasters and coolers, Airbnb socks, bottle opener, key chain and a few other things. I was thrilled to get it! It was not the value of it, after all it all just promotional material, but the fact that Airbnb thought I was worth the effort!

This year I got a beautiful personally written card from Lizzie and Kirstie which thrilled me even more. 

I know how busy these girls are, and possibly 40 or so of us forum regulars received similar, but it's the fact that they would take that time, sit down and send such nice personal messages to people they have never actually met.....how good is that!!!

So in answer to your posts....yes, it does happen!

Cheers......Rob

I haven't received a gift from Airbnb- how do you get that? Also how do you use a gift voucher from Airbnb for my own travel in Europe?  

@Ashleigh0, I like that we get a $100 credit each year for being a superhost. We don't celebrate the holidays as such, because everyday feels like a holiday 🙂 Happy hosting!

Judith92
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone 

This is my first time on the community discussion group.

Just want to add that I had no idea about Christmas gift. I am learning a lot here.

Thank you all and a very happy and prosperous 2017

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

I got Coal

Bernard73
Level 2
Taroona, Australia

As "Extra Perks" I have received the choice of either travel vouchers or professional photography twice.

I came on to this forum because I got a new "Congratulations, you're a Superhost" message again last week. WIth it came the same promise of "Extra Perks" and the link in the email took me to a travel voucher for $100. But, strangely, the voucher number shown turns out to be a previous voucher. I can't use it.

I am hoping this is a bug in the system and I am in converstaion with ABNB now.

PS It was news to me to read on this thread that they come once a year, yet Superhost status is a quarterly "test". 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Bernard73

Bernard, my guess is the voucher you have just recieved  is not showing up on your 'Payment Methods' page as yet. If you check there under your payment method you will see current credits and coupons and an expiry date. Once a credit is used it disappears from that section.

If this is not the case Bernard, get onto Sydney on 02 85203333 and get them to sort it out.

Also, you will note that credit is $141.00 AU! It will be interesting to see if that value fluctuates with currency variations over the next year!

As far as the frequency of credits is concerned Bernard, they are issued on the aniversary of each year you have been a superhost! I achieved my first credit in October 2016 and I have now just received my third, so, I have been a superhost for three years......15/16....16/17.....17/18

Credits are not released on a quarterly basis (although assessments are quartely) they are released on an annual basis!

Good on you mate, you are going well.

And if I can just make another point, don't consider the photography.....$100 doesn't get you much of a photographer and you lose control of the photos they remain with Airbnb and Airbnb decide how they will be used!!

Cheers.....Rob 

Thanks Rob, 

(you're prompt)

I reckon it is just as you say. The assessemts are quarterly but the rewards are annual. Perhaps it says that somewhere.

If I was airbnb, I would not be sensing hosts a snazzy, giff-loaded, illustrated "Congratulations! Let's Party - enjoy your Perks NOW" email with an Extra Perks promise that did not exist. Let down, eh?

I am a typer, but yes, calling is probably better. Thanks for that. I will try it.

And also, thanks for the tip on photography. I see! Forget that!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Bernard73

Mate, I say call because it is amazing!

You are a Superhost which entitles you to certain priviledges  and one of those is 'contact'!

If you need to call Airbnb make sure you use the phone you have registered with your Airbnb account. When you call you will here some digitised pips as the system compares the incoming call with information in the Airbnb database and a digitized voice will say, "Welcome Superhost someone will be with you shortly" you will receive a code link to verify who you are and within 15-30 seconds you will be talking to the first available CX in the world, it may be Manila, it could be Dublin or San Francisco and when they answer the call they will say to you..."How are you today Bernard, how can I help you" Your information will already be displayed on one of their screens.

It is a level of contact I have never experienced before, it is that quick and it is always the same. There is simply no need to go to the bother of email, Twitter or txt.....

Just remember to use that phone Airbnb send messages to you on. If you use another phone, the system won't recognise you and you will just simply go into the phone queue like everyone else.

Cheers......Rob