I can't switch to hosting on my android phone, any ideas?

Susan74
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

I can't switch to hosting on my android phone, any ideas?

I've successfully used the app on my phone, but since switching to travelling I can't find a way to switch back to hosting!  I was going to ditch it off my phone and start again, but cannot see a way to download it again on the site.  As I'm not brilliant with technology, any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

36 Replies 36
Deb-and-Pete0
Level 1
Longmont, CO

It's difficult to find the back door on this one no matter what device you are using. On the bottom of the screen, click on profile icon. Scroll down to the 5th listing, should be "Switch to .....". You should be able to switch between traveling and hosting.

Airbnb developers seem to be constantly squirreling with the development and it's not always helpful to the end users. 

Gaynor13
Level 2
Bay Of Plenty, New Zealand

I can't get into hosting either.   There is no icon at the top and nothing about hosting on the footer

hi gaynor

i am kim a host from nepal. had same problems as you do. i just follows the tips and its works to me i hope you already fixed problem to  witch in to host from travelling. if not please follow this tips:

open air bnb on your phone- go to profile down right side. then you see those

personal information

payment..

notifications

travel for work

switch to host....... um click here and you will switch to hosting thank you.

Christianna1
Level 6
El Segundo, CA

Here’s how I hacked it... I found an old email in my inbox from Air BnB where it was asking me to reply to communication from a guest and pressed “reply” and it popped me back into my hosting inbox. I had already used this link before and had already replied, but it doesn’t matter, you don’t have to compose anything, it’s just about using the pathway (aka “magic portal”) to get back into the hosting side.

Khim0
Level 2
Pokhara, NP

hi greeting to you all.

i am kim a host from nepal. had same problems as you do. i just follows the tips and its works to me i hope you already fixed problem to  witch in to host from travelling. if not please follow this tips:

open air bnb on your phone- go to profile down right side. then you see those

personal information

payment..

notifications

travel for work

switch to host....... um click here and you will switch to hosting thank you.

Sandy364
Level 1
Guntersville, AL

Same here, stupid and frustrating.  How about fixing 

Zoe277
Level 1
North Bend, WA

Annoying that in 2020, still having the same issue.

Google Pixel phone and I can go from hosting to traveling but not the other way around.