I'd love to see Airbnb segregate listings for Airbnb managers to give individual listing reviews

William74
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I'd love to see Airbnb segregate listings for Airbnb managers to give individual listing reviews

It would be great to see Airbnb change the account structure for property managers to allow each listing to have standalone reviews, and therefore considered independently for Superhost status. Maintaining Superhost status for 60+ properties has proven very difficult - there is just too much scope for variance in review scores between different properties. However, this means that our very highly rated properties with 4.9+ no longer have Superhost status. This is not only unfair of the owners of these properties, but it is against Airbnbs interest as Superhost listings perform better. And these listings have all the elements of a Superhost listing,  they are just being dragged down by completely separate properties we manage that are not scoring well.

This could be achieved with a special account status for professional management businesses operating on Airbnb. 

18 Replies 18
William74
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I'd argue that bettering the user experience ultimately improves the bottom line. And it definitely does mean something - I've had lots of guests tell me they use the superhost filter to book superhost properties only. 

@William74 

If you feel strongly about seeing this change and then you can and should provide product feedback to Airbnb. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

That's a helpful idea, thank you!

@William74  I encourage users to use the Superhost filter too because one metric is responsiveness.  Travelers don't want an unresponsive host. 

Don't forget that a big part of the user experience is hosting.  You have great listings.  I only clicked through a couple of them at the top, and one of them was hosted by you, not a co-host.  Gorgeous place in Cornwall.  But a 4 for cleaning - how did that happen?  You have total control over that listing.