I hate the new calendar

Kimberly4
Level 2
Sámara, Costa Rica

I hate the new calendar

When a guest pays for the night of the 4th, they actually have the room well into the 5th, in my case until 11 am.  I don't toss them out ad midnight of the 4th.  I booked a cleaner and sat strumming my fingers waiting for guests to leave, and they don't leave until tomorrow.  I don't mind change for improvement, but this is no improvement and does not reflect the actual situation.  Please can we go back?!

9 Replies 9
JB6
Level 4
Johnson City, TX

Interesting.  I just noticed that change.  We have the day before and the day after set up in AirBnB as preparation time, and those are on the correct days.  I have no clue why booking ends at what looks like midnight on the last night of their stay.  I think there is a ghost in the machine.  

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Kimberly4@JB6 Maybe we can all give feedback on this?  Here's the place to do it:  https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

Yeah, I gave feedback, they said they would not change back and that the reason they changed it was because hosts were confused when they saw two bookings on the same day.  I think better they figure out reality, than every one else have to get used to non reality.  My guests check out at 11 am which is 11 hours into the next day.  It would sure be nice if the calendar reflected what was really happening.  Perhaps if other people give their feedback they'll onsider changing it, or perhaps we'll at least know that the non-reality is what people really want.  Speaking of feedback, thanks so much for yours!  Have a great day, many days in a row!

So am I off base?  I would love to hear what other people think.  Thanks again.

@Kimberly4 I don't think you're off base at all!  I feel that the world we live in is increasingly geared toward stupid people, easily confused people, people who can't think for themselves.  Those of us who can figure things out are being penalized.  Massively annoying.

As @JB6 says, on the app you can see the turquoise bar extending slightly into the check-out day, so I'll just try to remember to look at that and/or drill down in every booking to the details where check-out date is spelled out.

Thanks!  It's reassuring to hear, and I think you're right!

Great idea - I  have given feedback. We'll see what happens.  I did some further testing, and this is only on my PC (Chrome) browser, not on the mobile application.  

JB6
Level 4
Johnson City, TX

There is one other way to keep on top of guests coming and going.  I use the Dashboard on the Home page (web site, not mobile), Reservations.  It shows who is coming in today, and gives a day by day summary of activity (but only shows the days with activity).  I use that to also plan my week - today, I have 2 guests coming in; my next activities are on Sunday (when both guests check out), then on Thursday when my next guest checks in.  Good way to see what your upcoming week looks like.  The Home page will also show reminders, such as when it is time to review a guest.

Aimee152
Level 1
Franklin, TN

@Kimberly4 any way to fix the iCal feed to show the true check out date/time for each reservation block? My housekeepers are so confused about which day to clean, as each reservation appears to end at midnight prior to the 10am check out time. The reservation block only appears visually correct on my ABB app, and interestingly on my other OTA calendar after being synced together. But when I export to my personal calendar and the housekeepers' calendar, it is still truncating at midnight. I have reported this to ABB 3 times over the last 3 months, but they act like I'm crazy and that there is no issue, so they close my cases out without resolution  or explanation. Any advice is much appreciated!

@Aimee152   Unfortunately, this is an ical issue, not an Air issue.  Ical and other calendars, like Outlook, that are not designed specifically for "hotel" businesses will always end the reservation at midnight.  That is because calendars assume the business is only during the daytime hours, not overnight.  The only work around that I have found for my personal calendar (that I then send to housekeeping) is to add to each reservation a "meeting" that starts at midnight and goes to 10 AM, my checkout time.  I have even tried using a 24 hour clock or setting my calendar time zone to another country... Once upon a time (a long long time ago), there was programming that allowed for 24 hour calendars ...sigh.