I'm really confused about insurance...

Michelle140
Level 5
Palmyra, VA

I'm really confused about insurance...

So, I'm just renting a room on Airbnb, but had the max set at 4, since I also have a couch and a lovely deck for sleeping on and other places for people to sleep (and having the higher limit really opens me up to more groups). I was concerned about insurance so I contacted Cbiz, and they said that they are just for vacation rentals and if you're just renting a room, that's something different, so no go with them. My insurance provider said that it's ok up to two people, but if it's more than two people then I'd have to get a policy somewhere else. Where the heck do I go? I am so confused... Am I screwed and just need to restrict to just two people? =( That makes me sad to miss out on small families... What do you all think? Thanks.

2 Replies 2
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Many Home Insurers will not cover business activities like ABB. In the US Insurance is regulated at the State level, I do not know who does what in VA.

David
Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

I've seen positive comments about Farmers. You also might try Prosper and Propel they specialize in VR like CBiz and might have better coverage. From what I've read in other threads and hearing from others Farmers might be the way to go.

Andrew
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ