I want to speak to a human at airbnb!!

Rick-And-Nadine0
Level 1
Vancouver and Cape Breton

I want to speak to a human at airbnb!!

I am becoming very frustrated with Airbnb. Recently our listing appeared to be hacked, but no explanation was given.

Now, I am trying to connect with a guest from Colombia but airbnb makes it impossible to contact them via email or telephone. All I need is her god **bleep** email address, stop being so paranoid airbnb.

And to make things worse, it is impossible to reach a human at airbnb to resolve this with.

I am seriously considering relocating our listing to another site, there are others just as good if not better than airbnb.

Hopefully this message reaches someone at airbnb who cares

In frustration,

Rick

31 Replies 31
Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

Hi @Rick-And-Nadine0

This is a host community here, where you have posted, so we are all hosts here not Airbnb staff (though the Administrator of these groups, @Lizzie0 is on Airbnb staff I believe) ---- is your problem that you dont have the phone number to call Airbnb customer service to get help?  If so here is a list of phone numbers , use the one for your area.  Keep in mind that the way Airbnb is set up, hosts cannot get guests direct contact info (email or phone number) before a booking is made.  Once the booking is completed you get this info. Prior to that you need to use Airbnb messaging to contact guest.  If your account has been hacked, you need to contact AIrbnb customer service right away to get that resolved -- this could pose dangers to many other hosts if not resolved soon as criminals use hosts' and guest's accounts to commit more crimes.  

Germany+49 30 30 80 83 80
United States+1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)
Argentina+54 11 53 52 78 88
Australia+61 2 8520 3333
Austria+43 72 08 83 800
Brazil+55 21 3958-5800
Chile+56229380777
China+86 10 5904 5310
400 890 0309 (shared-cost)
Denmark+45 89 88 20 00
France+33 1 84 88 40 00
Greece+30 211 1989888
Hong Kong+852 5808 8888
Ireland+353 1 697 1831
Israel+972 3 939 9977
Italy+39-06-99366533
Japan+81 3 4580 0999
+81 800 100 1008 (toll-free)
Mexico+52 55 41 70 43 33
Netherlands+31 20 52 22 333
New Zealand+64 4 4880 888
Norway+47 21 61 16 88
Peru+51 1 7089777
Poland+48 22 30 72 000
Portugal+351 30 880 3888
Puerto Rico+1 787 919-0880
Russia+74954658090
88003017104 (toll-free)
South Korea+82 2 6022 2499
+82 808 220 230 (toll-free)
Spain+34 91 123 45 67
Sweden+46 844 68 12 34
Switzerland+41 43 50 84 900
United Kingdom+44 203 318 1111

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Rick-And-Nadine0, I am very sorry to hear about your frustration. Great to see @Deborah0 was able to help you. 

I presume you have now called our Support Team, I do hope you have managed to resolve this. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

Also -- I recall Something that may be even more helpful to hosts than providing a list of Airbnb customer service phone numbers through the world, which is -- that every host (I believe!) actually has their local Airbnb customer service phone number, printed on every single one of their guest's reservation forms.  So just look at any of your guest's reservation forms, past present or future, and you will find the phone number there to call Airbnb.  Guest is given that in case they have a problem and need to contact Airbnb, -- -host has the same potential to have a problem and need to call.  

Hi Liz, I was hoping that you might be able to help s as well.

We have recently listed our listing in Dubrovnik, Croatia and I can't find a customer service number for the local Airbnb rep.

My problem is that Airbnb general map is showing our listing in a completely different street even though i have manually dragged and placed the pointer on the correct address under the "location" category when editing.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Anna

Debra187
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hello I am a guest and my accommodation has been cancelled. I paid a deposit and am frantic! I am Debra Pring and my accommodation is for this weekend 

Jessica2361
Level 2
Horbury, United Kingdom

Hello @Lizzie please can you help me I have a case open now for for a part refund it’s been 12 days and not had one email back! It said with in 72 hours thank you 

Easier said than done contacting airbnb direct I have been trying in Australia I am put on hold, after 5 minutes the phone just hangs up, I have done this several times and just cannot get through.  I like the site but customer service for hosts is almost non existant. It is time consuming and costly. Not happy.  Sandy Adelaide Australia

Hi deborah could you please help with a phone number for Airbnb south Africa please.

Hi Deborah,

I'm from Vietnam. I'm starting with Airbnb as a host, I have some questions and a bit confused. 

I would like to ask you that there is any way for me to contact with Airbnb. I see on the phone number list you provide do not have from Vietnam. 

Is there email or some ways that help me to contact with Airbnb?

Thank you very much.

Emma Thao

I also want to speak with a human! My house is in a region where there is no local Airbnb number, and when I try to get the USA number, the voice is telling me that doesn't recognises my number . When I try to register my phone numer again, it is not accepting the code Airbnb is sending me. I tryed dozen times, always the same.

I had my first guest family trough Airbnb, they were 6 days in my place, they were very satisfied, and I still have NO PAYMENT  on my account. I had a notification from the Airbnb that guests payed the sum, so that I'm about to recive it. Then I had the information that there was a problem with a payment, and they (Airbnb) will try to pay me again, and then - NOTHING.

This is outrages! I WANT TO SPEAK WITH A HUMAN!!!

Frank156
Level 1
Miami, FL

airbnb hides their contact information. they dont want to receive emails with problems associated with bookings. they could care less!! worst experience of my life. have tried to open issue in forum, contact host, twitter, phone numbers are  never answered.  i effing hate you guys! a crapppy host ruined my trip!

David1529
Level 1
Clayton West, United Kingdom

AirBnB are truly **bleep**e to work with!

Shelly28
Level 1
Oregon, United States

Same! Horrible customer service. Host just canceled our trip for a wedding in October with a standard email. AIRBNB needs to state 'HOST CANCELED' instead of Reservation canceled which sounds like I canceled my reservation. Also, my penalty if I canceled was 100% loss and they've had my money for months. Yet, they cancel on me and...NO PENALTY whatsoever. AIRBNB needs to now pay my cost difference as I have to be there for a wedding and now this small area nothing is available!!!! Sucks.

Answer a phone! Give me a credit!!

So frustrated with you that I personally canceled being a host. AIRBNB wants to operate as nonhuman robotic as possible.

~S

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Shelly28,

Welcome to the Community Center, it is great to meet you.

I am sorry to hear that your booking was cancelled, I know how frustrating that can be when you have everything planned. In terms of this though, as your host cancelled, you should be receiving a refund for this (if this is what you wish to do) or you can transfer the money to a different reservation if you find another listing your like. The way to get a refund issued is to: 

1. Log in to your Airbnb account from a computer
  2. Go to Your Trips
  3. Find your cancelled reservation
  4. Click Request a refund

Here is a useful Help Center article that explains this a little better. Hopefully, you will be able to find somewhere else equally if not better to stay during your visit. 

In terms of cancellations by hosts. In this case, I believe an automated line is added to the host's profile saying something along the lines of 'This host cancelled this booking'. Also, all cancellations by hosts mean that they receive penalties to their listing as a result because it can be such an inconvienece to a guest such as yourself, so it is not something that a host would want to do lightly. 

Also, lastly if you still feel you would like to speak with the Support Team, I would recommend taking a look at this Community Guide on how to reach the team. They will also be able to offer some suggestions on alternative places in the area. 

I really hope you find another lovely Airbnb to stay in and you enjoy the wedding. October is a very pretty month for a marriage!

I hope this helps. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.