I work for a winery - would you want to buy discounted wine to provide your guests?

Vanessa738
Level 1
Dundee, OR

I work for a winery - would you want to buy discounted wine to provide your guests?

Hi everyone, 

I work for a winery in Oregon's Willamette Valley, and as a frequent user of Airbnb myself - both for personal and business reasons - I love that more and more hosts are providing wine for their guests. From a marketing and trends perspective, it makes sense for us as a winery to connect with Airbnb hosts and potentially partner. Eg we can negotiate special pricing on bulk buys of wine, so everyone wins: you, your guests, our winery.

Would anyone be interested in something of this nature? I am trying to figure out the best way to float this idea to see if anyone would be interested. What I don't want to be is too sales-pushy...if anything, I'm just cognizant that Airbnb is the way forward for so many travelers, so it makes logical sense for us to partner with hosts to get our wines in front of your guests.

Feel free to reach out! 

Cheers,

Vanessa

2 Replies 2
Heidi253
Level 2
Underwood, WA

Hi Vanessa,  

Since you work in the industry you probably already know about this but it bears sharing.  One of my guests last summer informed me that wine flies free on Alaska airlines.  I plan to share this info with this summers guests in order to help out our local wineries.

Cheers,

Heidi

Vanessa738
Level 1
Dundee, OR

Hi Heidi,

Yes, it is the most awesome offer that Alaska Air extends!! I use it all the time...both professionally and personally. 🙂 Great idea for AirBnB hosts in wine country (up and down the West Coast) to maybe include information in their welcome packets mentioning this offer. PLUS, participating wineries extend free tastings to guests who show us their Alaska boarding pass if that's how they got to Oregon. How can us wineries help support that...?

[Personal advertising hidden in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Cheers,
Vanessa