Interesting reasons for downratings:-/

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Interesting reasons for downratings:-/

I just received a review this evening where the guest decided to downrate me in both the overall, value and location category. 

The interesting and funny thing here is the reasons for downrating me. She downrates me for having great public transport nearby and in value for being cheaper than a 10 people/shared room at a hostel. I have made a small note and added to my profile explaining the system as I find it so stressful and difficult to get those full plates of 5 star ratings when I only offer a small and simple room in such an expensive city as mine. It has improved my ratings but I still get these reviews now and then. I don't know what to do about it. I also feel a little bummed about the "almost to friendly" comment in the end as I hardly saw or spoke to them when they were here 😕

18 Replies 18
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Thank you to all of you for all your replies!

I have been to a wedding this weekend and haven't had the time to reply and I can hardly keep my eyes open now so I will reply tomorrow 🙂

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Hi @Sandra856 

Why do You absolutely need or want 5* reviews - to be a Superhost?

What do You think are the benefits of being a superhost and

what do You think are the benefits of having a 5* average rating?

Mary1135
Level 8
Bar Harbor, ME

This is a guest who does not understand Airbnb and really should just book a hotel.  They do not want to interact with hosts at all, they just want a "bargain" stay, hence the 'hostel' comment.

This is not about you, Sandra.  You just keep being lovely gracious you in your home, and don't let ungrateful people get you down!

I started a thread last year about the poor "quality" of Airbnb guests, and how depressing it was.  Quite a few people told me to raise my prices, and I'd get better guests.  That seems counter-intuitive -- but I did that, and also removed Instant Booking.  Much better guests this year.

p.s. except for a recent upsetting incident today....will post about that soon!!

@Sandra856 

I had once the same experience - an Indian guest gave me 4 on value - writing - the flat is too cheap for what is offered. An Arab girl put 4 on overall, location and value - for just one day stay with special offer 12$... and she was taken care as a princess - and left the towels with stains from her make-up... I can see how you are feeling - it is more than frustrating, and unlike most hosts I think the problem is always more about the guests, thinking only about receiving services for free