Jerk guest left review full of lies

Pavel132
Level 2
Whitehorse, Canada

Jerk guest left review full of lies

I had a guest who left my apartment in a dirty condition: there were many dirty dishes in the sink and the overall look was very dirty. However, he left me a feedback that when he moved in he allegedly saw dust and dirt, which could not be possible as the unit was sparking clean. Also, he said that there was an after-smoking smell in the unit, but it can't be possibly true because he was the first guest in the unit and because no smoker ever lived in this unit. When I studied his guest review history, it turned out that some of the reviews about him pointed out that he was not a clean guest and left the premises dirty. So it is not that my apartment was dirty (it was not!), it is that the guest was not clean himself.

I am a new host and now I have a false review. The guest originally booked for 6 days, but I had approved his subsequent request for him to take advantage of a weekly discount. It appears that he checked in to the apartment one day later than what he had booked just to take advantage of the discount (which is probably in violation of AirBNB's rules). I gave him one day for free, and as a result he paid less. Also I gave him a very good rate, extremely cheap relative to the market, and he also took my parking permit with himself and left me a feedback full of lies. This guest ignored ALL of my messages after his booking was confirmed: my airbnb messages, my email, my text messages, and finally my call (after I couldn't get a hold of him in any way).

As a host, I'm extremely disappointed. I did many favours for this guest, and he basically paid me for those favours with stealing my parking permit, leaving me a false review and leaving the apartment messy. Please let me know what can be done in this case to help me. I followed all guidelines of AirBnB with best intentions, but I got feces in return.

0 Replies 0