LGBT Hosts - I want to share your stories

Lindsey43
Level 2
Kingston, NY

LGBT Hosts - I want to share your stories

Are you an LGBTQ host? Do you disclose on your profile? Have you ever faced an issue with a homophobic guest? I am writing an article on LGBTs in the sharing economy and am sharing my personal experince as a gay Airbnb host. I would love to add some stories of other hosts and how they navigate airbnb, either positive or negative. If you would like to share your experience let me know 🙂

17 Replies 17

I looked at your profile and presume it is the last review with the long response, do not see anything in it that would be against ABB Policy, you may wish to consider how you respond to such reviews.

David
Jane3340
Level 2
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Hi @Lindsey43 - thanks for this thread and for everyone’s responses. I just started some airbnbs in different neighborhoods in fort Lauderale.

we just opened in a conservative town called Victoria park. next location to launch is in a historically gay neighborhood of Wilton manors.  

I plan on being transparent in my marketing strategy so guests are aware of the markets I serve.   

I have a vision of hosting single women - maybe they are staying  longer term as a digital nomad. I like the idea of a community setting so remote workers can meet and build relationships.  

FYI I joined google business for bookings and they have “stickers” that advertise  your business as  lgbtq friendly.  

lastly, I hope I can reach out to people in this chat if I need advice or support. I appreciate the openness.  Praying for all of you to be super successful!!!! In love and service 🙂 Jane 

Jane Churchill
Evamaria11
Level 2
Vienna, Austria

i m straight but put in queer friendly in my ad to keep away the machos and let queer people know this is a place where they are safe. probably guests now ask themselves whether i am a lesbian and thats ok.