Listing on for a month, nobody has booked

Alba-And-Johnny-Mota0
Level 1
New York, United States

Listing on for a month, nobody has booked

I have opened a new listing in a beautiful place 5 mins walking distance from beach and nobody has booked

3 Replies 3
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Alba-And-Johnny-Mota0

so I looked at your place in a minute , as any potential guest would and I don't understand... you have 2 rooms to rent in the house where you live and you can host up to 7 people. But your listing says : can accomodate 4 people in 3 beds ? And you have just one calendar? 

So, if I book one bed in one room I will also block your calendar for the second room and you will not be able to rent it. You should make another listing for another room .

And you DESPERATLY need proffesional pictures. You can not do the bussiness with this pictures , . And you have 4 pictures of the same sofa but no pictures of the bathroom. Why? It is important. 

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Alba-And-Johnny-Mota0

I agree with @Branka-and-Silvia0 - I am totally confused by your listing, how many beds, how many people it sleeps and even if you live there or not (you refer to one private room). Review your listing and be clear on how many beds, and how many adults can be accomoodated and how, and also children (if you accept kids). 

Also - you have lots of competition that is well established so a new property is just a bit more difficult to get off the ground.

Good luck

Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

I read one double bed under sleeping arrangements, and this listing states it accommodates 4?

My advice is just re-read the listing as if you were a potential guest.  Then you will be better able to see what is confusing in the listing (how many people it can hold, is it an entire place or a private room in a space where you will be staying as well), and make some adjustments.

Also, take a look at other listings in your area.  It has helped me quite a lot to see how other people present their photos, descriptions, etc.   You can get a good idea what guests might be looking for that way.