Locking up supplies and personal items.

Annette76
Level 10
Cherry Log, GA

Locking up supplies and personal items.

So my place(that I’m currently renovating) is a large one room studio loft. There isn’t a room or a closet I can lock supplies and such. In the entry I am adding a stacking washer/dryer with a linen closet type cabinet next to it. I have been reading here that locking up my supply of TP, paper towels, laundry detergent and such is a good idea. My target guest is usually a couple for a weekend getaway, so I plan to leave an extra roll of paper products and maybe one detergent pod in the space but want to secure the rest.
I found this refrigerator lock that I was thinking may work on a cabinet. Has anyone used anything similar?
F97689AD-8B09-4396-AC75-C89F6D826EB7.png

2 Replies 2
Kimberly54
Level 10
San Diego, CA

Hi @Annette76, I know this subject comes up a lot... but the question that keeps coming up for me is:  Why are you sharing your house without some fundamental level of trust/respect?

Be safe, and choose wisely.

PS: As a guest, I would be a little more than freaked-out that a host was so paranoid to install locks.  It's a home-share, right?

Best,

Kim

I had one guest who suggested I put locks on my large bathroom closets that contain some gift wrap, decorations, boxes etc with room to spare. Guests are welcome to help themselves if needed however she figured there should be a lock as it contained my stuff.   Phffft! 
if I have to lock them, I may as well store the additional towels and bedding in there as well which would be handy.
I've been looking for what locks would work in a bifold door with no luck. 

Now I realize for the other 90% of guests, this may offend them. 
I notice they also open the latched closet to the furnace and hot water heater too Maybe the solution is to label them all perhaps?  I dunno. Can’t please them all I guess.