Long Term Reservation Pricing

Matt36
Level 1
Chicago, IL

Long Term Reservation Pricing

So I am a bit confuesed on a couple of things, involving long-term pricing... especially now that it has moved to a %discount.

If a person wants to stay the month of May, and my monthly discount is 33%, and my nightly price is $105. What is the cost for the reservation? Also, how much does the other person have to pay? I feel like they are quoted a higher price due to the airbnb fee?

If a person wants to rent for 40 days (same criteria), what do they see as the price, and what do I see?

And here's a more complicated one:

Someone wants to stay May 30 through August 6th. (69 days) My monthly discount is 33% and my nightly rate is $105. However, I have also put a special monthly prices of $2175 for the months of June, July and August. How does all of that work out? And what is the person quoted as a per month rate? 

I want to be able to explain to people how they are getting the numbers they are getting... becuase it doesn't usually maatch up with the numbers that I see/advertise.

Thanks in advance!

Matt

1 Reply 1
Tish0
Level 1
San Diego, CA

I do not understand how the pricing works.  I only do 30 day or more rentals for my room and bath.  My daily price gives me a monthly rate of approx. $1100.  My newest reservation was quoted a price that gives me less than $1000 per month and I have no idea why!  The original pricing method when I started was simple and straight forward.  I set the daily rate, a weekly rate, and a monthly rate, and my guests were quoted those rates.  I knew where the rates came from.  Now it is a mystery.