Losing Super Host status through no fault of Host! Airbnb must Review this process first

Nicola226
Level 2
Kingston, Jamaica

Losing Super Host status through no fault of Host! Airbnb must Review this process first

I was awarded SuperHost.  Recognition is given by Airbnb to Hosts who go more than the extra mile to ensure

guests have the best vacation stay experience.  I work very hard to keep my 5 star rating & give fantastic service to all guests.

Recently, there was a bug or glitch with the Airbnb syncing of calendars with other Booking Sites.  The result

was a double booking on the Airbnb website.  I discovered the double booking & contacted Airbnb Representative

who determined the online glitch syncing calendars.  I immediately messaged the guest to explain what had happened.

I had to cancel the 2nd booking.  Guest was most understanding.  I then referred him to another suitable property nearby

also listed by Airbnb so both guest & Airbnb benefitted.  I arranged for my Driver to meet this guest (now booked elsewhere)

so that there was no inconvenience.   I also sent a list of recommended things to do, places to go & remained in contact to

ensure they were happy.  

Airbnb removed my Super Host Listing due to cancellation without any communication with me.  I was really upset by this.

Eventually after many calls to Airbnb, finally I got a great Representative in Sienna, explained the problem.  She made contact

with the Super Host Team & eventually my Super Host status was restored.

Any Listing can be suspended due to host cancellation..fyi

The point is, Airbnb should have a process to determine the reason(s) for cancellation before taking uninformed drastic measures.

They benefit from Super Host status as much as the Host does..NM

1 Reply 1
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Nicola226 Glad to hear that you manage to get your Superhost badge back! I would advice to always update your calendar manually.I have never trusted their syncing calendars system and i never will.Good luck and happy hosting!!!