May 13: CEO Brian Chesky will talk about last week’s news and answer more of your questions

Airbnb
Official Account

May 13: CEO Brian Chesky will talk about last week’s news and answer more of your questions

BeloRauschBG (2).png

Last week, CEO Brian Chesky announced the difficult news that we're reducing the size of the Airbnb workforce, and we know you might be wondering how this may impact our host community. It’ll take a bit of time to answer all of your questions, so we appreciate your patience while we work through some of the changes internally. 

In the meantime, we’ll continue to be available here in the Community Center. And Brian will be back for another live Host Update at 3:00 p.m. PT  Wednesday, May 13. He’ll share what we’re focusing on, answer host questions, and more. 

To watch it live, go to Airbnb.com/live, or you can catch the recap after the event.

35 Replies 35
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Airbnb 

Please unblock our calendars so we can all get our lives back up & running.

New Zealand Parliament are finally back in part to where Parliament should have been all along & been made to be accountable for decision making that the legal fraternity are now ensuring they are held to account.

We live in democratic countries.

We all have freedom of rights, as you are aware, to do as we please in life.

Follow common sense, most Public Health Acts are similar & whilst it's unknown who has an Infectious Disease, you have always promoted ABB as non discriminatory, if people want to block their calendars off leave it up to the individuals to do so.

Meanwhile we all need to help each other get our economies & lives back on track which is what the real world is.

Donna14
Level 2
Los Altos Hills, CA

The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory, advising U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19. Also, the CDC has put in place a Level 3 Travel Health Notice. In light of these restrictions, will Airbnb extend the current deadline of 6/15 of its COVID-19 Extenuating Circumstances Policy? If yes, when?

Gino30
Level 2
Almería, Spain

I have been a superhost for a couple of years and Airbnb has been my only income since then. Because of the Covid-19 crisis I am going through a very difficult situation right now and I would like to know when someone will help me. I meet all the requirements that have been set but I still haven't received an invitation to apply for the fund of 5000 dollars. Please, I hope that someone can give me some answers and help me in this difficult situation. 

Unless you have a strict cancellation policy, from what i have read you aren’t eligible. 

Since i try to be a customer-sensitive host and have a flexible cancellation policy, i don’t qualify.

However, i did receive an invitation to apply last week, which i did. 

@Maia29  That's interesting. Please keep up posted on the outcome, if you care to. I rather think the whole thing is a load of made up bahooey and it appears I'm not alone in that thinking. Up til now, it seems no one has indicated they have received anything....invitation or moolah.

yup, I'm wondering the same thing. Have been a Superhost for 4-5 years, fulfil all criteria. Rely on the income to pay my mortgage. 

Got the same 'don't call us we'll call you before the end of May' message when I enquired. Haven't heard of anyone who got helped out yet and it's 1 June tomorrow...

yup, I'm wondering the same thing. Have been a Superhost for 4-5 years, fulfil all criteria. Rely on the income to pay my mortgage. 

Got the same 'don't call us we'll call you before the end of May' message when I enquired. Haven't heard of anyone who got helped out yet and it's 1 June tomorrow...

Does anybody know why we are being treated so shabbily and if this talk of support is just a load of guff?

I am a superhost too, I have strict cancellation policies, I rely on airbnb to live with my family of 3 people since I lost my job and I have a big mortgage to pay and I didn't get any help from Airbnb

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

Just a reminder, Brian's talk is due to start in 10 mins. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

Brian just realised that "Human Connection" by hosts is special. Will hosts be rewarded for knowing this was a really important aspect in hosting and when will the realisation that penalising hosts at every opportunity is just not good for business?

Big Up Sarah - asking that question as I type !

BTW: Guests are peeved because they too get runaround by CS and when things go wrong Airbnb DO NOT help in solving their problems by making them call three times and insist on speaking to a supervisor. 

If Airbnb were better in administering their own policy truthfully 100%. Hosts and Guests would be far happier about it

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I thought the questions were great too. Big shout out to @Clara116, you are famous. 🙂 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Haha.... thanks  Lizzie! Exciting to be included. Till soon 🙂

Just saw the update and when he mentioned 'Clara', I wondered if that was 'our' Clara, and it was. Very cool! 🙂

@Lizziedo you know when the recap will be available?   🙂