Monthly Earnings

Steve2743
Level 10
Calgary, Canada

Monthly Earnings

I love that Airbnb provides a breakdown of our monthly earnings, but I find it so incredibly frustrating that it's based on when the payout is sent, not on the actual days that were booked. For example, I had a guest stay for 3 weeks last April. But because his stay began during the last 3 days of March, the entirety of his stay went towards my March earnings, instead of only the 3 days of his stay that were in March. This left my April earnings showing as $200, when in reality, April earnings were closer to $1100. If anyone from Airbnb sees this, I'd love an option to allocate the earnings of each booking based on the percentage of the stay that is in each month, rather than allocating the entire stay to the month of the payout. Thanks!

Steve
4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You earned the money when the payout was sent which would be in March, @Steve2743.  This is important at the end of the year for taxable income reasons and if you have to pay occupancy tax, the tax is also usually levied at the time of payment to you.  Is there a particular reason to need the type of allocation you think is better?  Perhaps other hosts would have the same perspective.  If you want to get Air BNB attention, post your idea in Host Voice.  If enough hosts agree with your suggestion, then the idea is forwarded to Air BNB team.

Hi Linda, I never really thought of tax reasons! It's just for my personal tracking. In my mind, if a room is occupied in April, that should go towards April earnings. Like I said, there should be an option to toggle it one way or the other. 

Steve
Francisca18
Level 2
Palo Alto, CA

Thank you so much for bringing this up - it drives me crazy, that I can't see how much money I made per days booked in a particular month. Each month, if someone books at the end of one month and extends to the beginning of the next, I have to manually calculate what I actaully earned for the month to see if I covered my expenses for that month. I'd love to be able to have the breakdown knowing that during month X, the average rate was X days of $X, instead of when the money hit the bank, 

Did anyone from AirBNB ever reply to this topic?