My 5-stars rating streak has finally broken

Coln0
Level 10
George Town, Malaysia

My 5-stars rating streak has finally broken

My 31 FIVE-STAR rating streak of one of my listing has finally ended. I knew it will happen eventually, but it still broke my heart when it happened. The last guest left with excellent text reviews but all 4-stars for everything else.

Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 11.11.13 AM.png

I need a beer.

Cheers! ^_^

7 Replies 7

I feel your pain mate. *hands you an icy cold one*

My bubble got broken very early with a guest giving us a 1 for communication.  We still don't know or can't fathom what caused it, but I was crestfallen.  Pretty sure I drank an entire bottle of chardonnay that night.  Cheers!

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

97%! Like the secretary in Alexander McCall-Smith's books. Well done.

Really, do not worry. I have never reached the dizzy heights of 31 in a row.

David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

Condolences.....Beer has been scientifically proven to cure this though 

Jessica52
Level 2
Sherwood, OR

I later realized that some people just don't think there is the 5 stars ..... 4 stars meant the 5 stars !!

Cheers!

Michelle140
Level 5
Palmyra, VA

I was about to start a thread on my rating frustrations, but it's related here, so I'll just add here, if that's ok.

My 5 star rating streak broke after only eight reviews, and since then 50% of my reviews have not been 5 stars. So now I have 11 five stars, and 3 four stars. I lost superhost eligibility just about as quickly as I gained it =( I don't know what I'm doing wrong. The words in my reviews are nearly always positive (I would say the majority of my four star ratings give no indication in the text as to what I did wrong).

Also frustrating is my horrible streak of getting four stars for accuracy (10 five, 4 four). No one will give me ANY indication as to what they are finding inaccurate, so I have no idea what to do to fix it! My listing is incredibly lengthy as it is, and I feel like I include everything "negative" about my home and space that I can think of so people aren't caught off guard...

The cleanliness star ratings I have always assumed was about the cat litter, but I clearly state that I have cats and litter boxes in living areas (not hidden in closets). If people don't want that, then go elsewhere =( But it could also have to do with my not living in a model home. I have stuff, and that stuff lives in my home.

And value? What do I do about that? I regularly do price comparisons with the TWO other listings in my area, and I'm on the bottom for pretty much all cases except for 3 or 4 guests (but I'm the only one who offers more than two guests, and I don't like more guests as much, so I want greater compensation for those cases). I just wonder what people want? If you got a hotel for what you're paying for my room, you'd get a pretty nasty hotel room and bathroom =P I think what I offer is quite a bit nicer than those bottom of the rung hotels (I have actually stayed in one before), but I guess people still think it's too much money =(

Anyway, I'm just getting really frustrated. Does anyone have a link to the forum for providing feedback to Airbnb? Someone said there was something like this, but for that purpose... I really want the guests to be required to write a comment for anything they rate below five stars. We can't fix what they don't like if we don't know what they are complaining about =(

Host Voice. Nevermind on that question... Currently searching for a forum specific to what I mentioned...