My guests stole from my kid's saving wallet...

Iuliia0
Level 2
Budapest, Hungary

My guests stole from my kid's saving wallet...

oh god. I didn't think it's gonna happen. I am so open and trustable to my guests, have been hosting and visiting our houses for a decade or more already, and nothing ever happened like this to me before! So I rent out the living room from time to time, you know, to share costs. No locks, and there is some suff of my kid in this room, including the wallet with some small money from around the world, but also her savings. so someone took 70 eur from that, the only euros she had, though left all usd... so unpleasant and I have no idea what to do, because we didn't check that wallet for a month or so, and I can't figure out who could do it... And don't really want to think on any of my guests, but it did happen... Maybe anyone can advise something.. apart from installing the key lock on the doors and keeping all our stuff apart... but again, there are some interior details, books, I can't take everything out.. heh

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Iuliia0   How despicable, sorry this happened. But my suggestion is that money and other valuables should not be left around where guests have access to them. When my kids were teenagers, and had lots of friends over, I always kept my bag safely stashed away in my bedroom. Remove temptation. Better safe than sorry.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Iuliia0,

Welcome to the Community Center.

I am so sorry to hear that this has happened. 

I hope you've seen Sarah's advice on this to prevent this from happening. 

Quincy 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi@Iiullia

Contact the police and make a statement so you may claim off your insurance if possible.

Write a review of the facts regarding these guests but stick to the air bnb guidelines otherwise your review will be removed.

A sad and sorry state of affairs not helped by the cheapskates proliferating the air bnb forum along with many of the nut jobs bouncing from host to host.

All thanks to less than honest guest reviews written by other hosts who only care about their own business and no one else!