New Guidebook Link!

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

New Guidebook Link!

I was looking for something, clicked on my profile picture in the upper right, and saw "My Guidebook."  I've clicked that before only to be brought to a kind of general page showing different cities.  This time - excitement!  All my guidebooks are listed, and when you hover over each, you're given the choice to either edit or share.

I tried out all the links, and now, instead of a PDF with a little map next to each entry, each item in the guide has color photos and a hyperlink that brings you to a page with more information, including all the contact info for the place.  (Screenshot below.)

Even better - I can now create one guidebook for the area that will suit all three listings, and simply share that guidebook with every guest.

I was on the verge of trying to create a digital guidebook off-platform, but didn't really want to replicate work or pay a monthly fee.  So I think this is wonderful!  Thanks, Airbnb!  You've made my life a million times easier!

Screenshot 2019-02-15 17.36.50.png

26 Replies 26
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Ann72

Yes, it sounds like Airbnb might still be tinkering with this and who knows what the final result will be!

I couldn't see the guidebook listed in the drop down profile menu either, but found it by going to my profile page.

Perhaps the supermarket thing was under an Essentials category. I can't remember but I know I listed several supermarkets, which my guests ask about much more than restaurants or anything else. There was also some sort of outdoor spaces category (also can't remember what it was called).

@Huma0 My guests are the same.  And the frustrating thing (about which I submitted feedback to Airbnb awhile ago) was that in putting in guidebook entries, one naturally entered the most important place first - like the closest or best supermarket.  And those things appeared last, because the guidebook was ordered by most recent entry to oldest entry within categories.  And you couldn't change it without starting over.  This drove me nuts.

It seems as if all the categories have been retained, but you apparently have the opportunity to edit category names as well as to add new places.  Haven't tried that yet so can't confirm it will work.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Emilia42,  btw, did you see the Maine joke in the restaurant name in the snapshot above?  Just think of that Freeport store that starts L.L.....

@Ann72 hehe! Ugh, seeing you guidebook makes me wish I lived on the coast! Don't tell too many people about Curtis Cove! That's still a secret spot 🙂

@Emilia42 Ah, you know Curtis Cove!  Hoping people won't be able to find it but maybe I'll remove it from the guidebook!

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

@Ann72 Just check my listing too and got it. I adjusted it a little and use for all my listing ( same town ) .

@Nutth0 That's awesome and I love your listing - my daughter and I went to Chiang Mai a few years ago and stayed in a room that looked just like your rice barn 🙂   Any editing tips?

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

EFF0B63C-CC38-4701-A566-1E832F5F074F.jpeg0197536F-1BE5-4748-A098-8923620E3246.jpegBBD6064A-226D-4A7D-AFDE-65EB4089C1A5.jpegThanks @Ann72 I did Not have much tips but this is how to make 1 Guidebook to appear all your listing.

ps. I edit it on iPad via Google Chrome not an App.

Thank you, @Nutth0 !

Mike1006
Level 2
New Orleans, LA

Anyone figured out a way to print after the new upgraded guidebook?

When I use the https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/XXXXXX/guidebook trick (with my listing number instead of XXXXXXX) I only see the restaurants I added before they upgraded the digital guidebook system.

I'm a newby, started writing my guidebook before the change and added many more after the change. Woudl liek to print out a guidebook for guests...

Anna1607
Level 2
Worthing, United Kingdom

Airbnb! Please please, make the guidebook printable again.

Many guests don't have good phones to view information and prefer to see it all in a real book.

Thanks

@Anna1607 I agree and sent Airbnb feedback on this!  My listings have very spotty cell service, so I really need a printed guidebook, too.  And I haven't managed to print the new one.