New booking signal sound on the App

Isabelle193
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

New booking signal sound on the App

Without any notification on behalf of Airbnb the sound for bookings or bookings enquiries / Insta books has changed in the last few days?! This is quite a problem as the sound is unclear and muffled.  So we as hosts will miss bookings and also suffer from slower response rates!  Why on earth change the perfect sound that notified us immediately recognisable that someone on the App is making contact 

12 Replies 12
Bryan10
Level 10
Feltham, United Kingdom

Hi @Isabelle193 I've never had a sound switched on for Airbnb notifications, but I set it up to have a text message and email too, and I always notice one or the other pretty quickly. Check under "Account" tab.

Airbnb signals text or insta book requests have a particular ringtone that is unique to Airbnb mine is no longer the same I've seen another post on this You simply don't hear it so will miss reacting efficiently and promptly 

will check account tabs

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

"Without any notification on behalf of Airbnb". @Isabelle193 you will get to know that Airbnb NEVER anounces any change to the way the site works, they just constantly tinker with it and trial things.

PLEASE bring the old chime back - it was so dictinctive and appropriate. The new one is exactly like the Yahoo! one which are 99% boring emails hence i ignore the sound 😞

"If it is not broken, don't fix it"

sheesh, AirBnB, it was perfectly distinctive...and caused a shot of joy when we heard it... bring it back...

Deborah169
Level 1
Pittsburgh, PA

Yep, I agree. It was helpful because it was so distinctive and I always responded to it immediately! Bring it back!

Angie53
Level 1
Spokane, WA

Has anyone received a response from Airbnb about the text tone yet? I really liked that sound. 😞

Mary678
Level 1
Sparta, TN

The unique notification sound was a very useful part of the Airbnb system. Why change it first of all, and secondly why not tell us before you did so we'd know. Are we just pawns out here? Come on Airbnb, we're supposed to be a team, right? Bring back or at least offer us a unique notification tone that we can download.

Vivian4
Level 2
Pueblo, CO

This recently happened to me when I purchased a new phone.  I really miss the unique notification tone from Airbnb.

Denise-And-Carlton0
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Has anyone found out how to get the unique notification sound back

How do you get the old notification sound back. Really miss it

Regina38
Level 10
Wilmington, DE

I miss the tone as well. Why can't they bring it back. I loved hearing it because it meant $$$ now there is no sound.