"Last Updated" date for availability does not reflect reality

Jess-And-Josh0
Level 1
New York, NY

"Last Updated" date for availability does not reflect reality

Hi,

I know it's important to update your listing's availability calendar daily to keep your listing at the top of the search results, so I do this. I was doing it via the app but I noticed that the relatively new feature "Last Updated" in "Manage my listings" wasn't showing that I had updated the availability. So I started doing it via the website. Still no change. I cleared my cache, I refreshed the page....still nothing. I even blocked a day for 24 hours and then added it back as available the next day and it didn't read as having been updated.

Any ideas on how to correct this and do you think it is simply a problem of the "Last Updated" feature not working or do you think the listing is not being given the benefits associated with updating your listing frequently.

I haven't had a booking since February, so I haven't been able to test it that way.

Best,

Jess

8 Replies 8
RichandSAM0
Level 1
Leiria, Portugal

I am having exactly the same issue.  I go in to my calendar regularly and can add new reservations or block dates from bookings taken on other sites and all the data shows, but still my calendar is showing a last updated date of some weeks ago.  Very annoying and disappointing because if I was a traveller I wouldn't probably bother to contact this host.   We need help and very frustrated to not see an easy remedy to this

Same thing with me. I have three listings; updated ALL of them today (room description, available dates, etc and it says "last updated on Aug 22nd --- and today is the 29th. Is there any way to contact customer support at AirBNB to inquire about what is going on, or are we stuck just dealing with it?

Thanks,

Jeffrey L.

Festus, MO

(St. Louis)

Pasek0
Level 4
Ubud, ID

I'm also interested in this and want to know what, exactly, 'Last Updated' means?

i.e. under 'Your Listings', where this is shown, there's no clear indication that it refers to the calendar being updated.

In my opinion, if you have 'done something'... anything... on your listing, it proves that you're maintaining it - whether you add a photo, change some text or update the calendar etc.  

So yesterday I made a change to our guidebook, but the updated date has not changed.

Seems a bit pointless trying to update anything else... given the comments from you guys.

Hope Airbnb can shed some light on this?

Giovanna80
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but this is an issue for me as well. Has the issue been fixed yet? Has anyone figured out a way to get theirs to update?

me too, driving me nuts. seems everyone is having this issue?

Yes, driving me nuts, too.

Ana-and-Nuno0
Level 3
Lisbon, Portugal

I have the same issue!!

Alma0
Level 4
Barcelona, Spain

I have the same issue!!  Any ideas! ?