New on Airbnb

Huang2
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

New on Airbnb

Hi everyone,my name is huang. I'm here to tell you the story of my first time at airbnb. For the first time rented rooms to two boys from the Netherlands, because the rent, cleaning fees are actually not high, and the house is large, location is also very convenient, which attracted a lot of guests, including two of them. But neither of these guests valued our room, one of them soiled the mattresses bought at IKEA six months ago and the newly bought sheets. Guests are not required to check out on departure. When they check out, I clean the room and find that they are dirty and communicate immediately. Communication no response, ready to apply for compensation. Due to unfamiliar airbnb, coupled with emotional excitement, mistakenly made a remittance of compensation, so that not only did not get compensation for a loss of money. The response from the guests was that they did not respond and accepted the remittances and their disregard of compensation. From check-out until now, guests still do not respond, any place to play. But I was in the minds of this matter.

[Title edited] 

7 Replies 7

@Huang2, you should contact AirBnB directly right away. (This is a discussion board for hosts and AirBnB is not here).

Go to https://www.airbnb.com/help/contact_us#/

and send a message (or call) AirBnB immediately.

Thank you for reply. You said this thing as early as a week ago had done, thank you for reminding. I just say it to tell more landlords so as not to be like me. Not for everyone to help me solve the problem, you should misunderstand what I mean.

@Huang2, sorry for not understanding your post!

Did AirBnB help you in the end?

There is no result, especially if I accidentally remitted the money to the guest, the guest has been ignored, I did not get my money. Customer service that will deal with, but no response. Because every time I contact the staff are different people, I get the answer is not the same. Really do not know what to do, can only say that we do not like me after the same.

Huang2
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

I just hope that the landlord later remember to see the guests comments, and I wish you never encounter such a person. I know that to solve the problem, certainly not everyone, myself and Airbnb.
Sue341
Level 2
Dover, ID

I also am new. What good is airbnb's insurance policy to cover renters who have damages done to them by customers? It is my understanding that they have a million dollar coverage. What about that? This is the second time I've heard this complaint and it makes me wonder how their insurance works. As there is no way to contact airbnb with this question, there is no answer that I

know of. So sorry for your loss.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I suggest to both of you to read the many posts on this board about the 'Host Guarantee' policy, its idiosyncracies, limitations and the FACT it quite doesn't mean what a lot of new hosts thinks it does. It may save you both a lot of time and frustration.