No bookings, down from last year!

Mary-and-Col0
Level 3
Alicante, Spain

No bookings, down from last year!

Hi we are concerned that we are not getting any bookings lately it has been around 3 weeks of no bookings, some enquiries , we are concerned that as we are in Spain the spanish regulations about Airbnb may have scared our guests away. We do have licence and all in good order. Last year we were doing well lots of bookings for August. Very quiet cannot blame Brexit!!

Have changed photos, updated furniture, landscaped garden and dropped prices yet no punters.  The weather has not been great however we do get winter bookings so not sure its that, would value any feedback or help.

1 Reply 1
Anne355
Level 5
Villeneuve-d'Ascq, France

Hi, I don't know if this may explain your problem. But lately I changed my phone and could not log in onto the Airbnb app. Afterwards I saw that it happened to many, since at least mid April.

The only solution I found was to download an old version of the app on my phone. 

So if people tended to book via a phone, this may explain missing bookings ... additionally, if you require an ID, it seems that for some people the ONLY way to upload an ID is the app. And if they cannot connect, they cannot upload an ID and cannot book. Which makes things complicated. As for me, I have removed the "ID" item. (Anyway, before that I had the ID on and it was useless: women booked for their husbands, mothers for their kids ... so I am not sure this is of any use. You just have the ID that goes with the credit card, not the ID of the traveller). 

The connexion problem from the Android app has been mentioned repeatedly on the PlayStore and on the community, but it does not loook like Airbnb cares ... so we have to make with it, as I understand 😞