Noisy sex - review or not to review

Nancy79
Level 3
Cumberland, ME

Noisy sex - review or not to review

I rent out a room in my own home and have had a couple staying here for the past three nights. Thankfully, they leave today. For the past two days, beginning at noontime, they have engaged in house-rocking sex. Unfortunately, their room is directly above my home office, where I work. My question is whether or not to leave them a review, and if I do, whether I should mention, or allude to the noisy sex. They are somewhat friendly, although we've only spoken a few times in passing. I don't have any stated "noise" rules for my listing, because in the 5 years I've been a host, everyone has been quite considerate. I admit that I feel a little violated, and it irks me that the couple has absolutely no concern for how their wild sex might affect anyone else. I don't have kids at home anymore, or I certainly would have spoken up. Any thoughts on whether to review or not? I'm considering the "might be better suited to a hotel room" line. Thanks. 

*[Title updated - Sept 25th 2018]

54 Replies 54
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Nancy79 @Sandra126 @Sam397 @Pete69 @Victoria567

Nancy I am not wishing to offend you here, please take my comments as lighthearted!

I will lay a bet this will become one of the most watched threads on the CC!

Nancy, don't worry about it. I make clangers like this every day, it's like water off a duck's back now!

And I am not the only one...everyone here would like to have another crack at something or other in their life!

Have a laugh along with us!

There is an old saying...."You never let the truth get in the way of a good story"!!

And Nancy this is where you have let yourself down....seriously!

I would love to have read.....

"There was this quiet little tap on the door, I momentarily froze....it was 11.13pm and, my night attire was not what you would take the dog for a stroll in....in fact it was my 'birthday suit'! I rushed for the nearest thing I could find to make myself respectable. I feebly said...'Who is it'? 

My guests voice trickled back through the crevices around the door...."I could not help noticing what and amazing spectacle you made as you went about your nightly duties and felt, a soothing back massage may be in order"!!

Nancy, you have let yourself down!! Don't you realise, with an opening line like that, this could have made you millions!!!

Cheers.....Rob

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi @Robin4

This particular Scotswoman left behind the politically correct, entitled circus a long time ago?

I don’t get offended easily as I call a spade a shovel basically. 

The thing that boils my onion and nay even nay even offend me a wee bit....IS the entitled guest!

Victoria you just have the BEST expressions.....boils my onions.......

Oh dear I could almost expire with laughter.

That's  a doozey .

Brilliant, Rob! Thanks for my first laugh of the day.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Nancy79

Well **bleep** it Nancy, I have just been to Europe and I am appaled at the insular stance of Europeans compared to my last visit ten years ago. Everyone seems to be frightened to be themselves any more and that is so sad.....bloody terrorism!

We need humour, we humans survive because of it.....it sets us apart, and I love the fact that you started this thread this way....you have opened the door!

My wife Ade has MS and can't walk any more, in fact, she can't do lots any more....but we have our humour Nancy, and it manifests itself in lots of strange ways!

One evening we were going to a movie in town with friends and they could all see Ade struggling on the steps as we made our way to the seating level. Nancy, it was uncomfortable, they wanted to help Ade as she struggled with those steps, but she is fiercely independent....they did not know what to do! So I said in a loud voice...."Oh come on you old cripple"!!.....This relieved the tension, Everyone looked horified but had a chuckle......it took the pressure off Ade and she was able to concentrate on what she was doing.

If someone has a go at you for your thread title, tell em to stick their eye in fig jam .....I am just a bit disappointed you didn't ....bait the hook!

Cheers......Rob

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Well, the whole thing is so cruel: the tantalizing title, then the slow description of the wild couple, the host downstairs wondering, and then, as the readers is at the edge of their seat, expecting the move that will explain the title...nothing,  the story is over.

I don't know about any one of you, but I am demanding a refund! 😉

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

And so am I @Fred13

By the way what colour is your bedroom decor?

If for example it’s peach....why not title the review “ Fifty shades of peach”?

@Victoria567, Yes how apropo, gives so much license to the imagination.

(I love the colloquialisms of the British, they can make the most mundane fact sound so much more interesting with their diction. )

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Thanks @Fred0

Its all that free schooling that my generation took for granted and we did not appreciate as kids ,but which stands us in good stead later in life!

My bedroom is actually a shade of grey!

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi @Nancy79

New suggestion for your title

Fifty inbetween shades of monochrome!😉

This is all too funny. How could I have known that my seemingly innocent post could have resulted in such interesting theories and creative imaginings of what really transpired! 

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi @Nancy79

One of the greatest British comedians was Benny Hill who was great with the age old tradition of British innuendo, until the politically correct brigade wiped him off our tv screens.

Starting with wartime George Formby, Benny Hill, Les Dawson, Morcambe and Wise, the two Ronnies, the Goodies......and our Scottish Rikki Fulton who did great send ups of our Scottish Presbyterian church as the dour Scottish minister...the Rev I M Jolly!

and not fidgeting the great Stanley Baxter who used to send up our Scottish culture and Scottish quirks, no end....look out for his irreverent poking of fun for our passion of Scottish Country Dancing!.....hilarious😉

Typo...not forgetting the great Stanley Baxter

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Victoria567 You did forget the BIg Yin though and the bloke whose name I really want to remember who used to sing Rawhide while banging a metal tea tray on his head in accompaniment ....