Not eligible for family collection

Hugh0
Level 10
Sydney, Australia

Not eligible for family collection

Under the new regime, 3 of my 5 apartments have been labelled “not eligible for family collection”. They are all the the same neighbourhood and all have the same amenities. Airbnb cannot tell me why. 4 calls to Airbnb, all promised calls and email and follow up - nothing. No call or email or follow up. Families that have stayed at my apartment for 6 years can no longer find my listings if the filter by family friendly. This sux.

39 Replies 39
Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

Hi @Hugh0 When you go into your tabs > progress then opportunities. It should tell you which ones you need to work on with amenities to reach the desired outcome. Do you have that? Unless it’s because you have a roof top terrace. Maybe it’s a glitch. Here’s hoping. 

Hugh0
Level 10
Sydney, Australia

Thanks Ria. Unfortunately on page the listings are greyed out and can’t be selected to see what’s missing.

Two of my apartments are in one building and they share the terrace. One is labeled family friendly and the other ineligible. They are identical apartments.

This is very frustrating. 

@Hugh0 can you provide a screen shot of how the listings are greyed out?

I don't really understand how the entire listing can be greyed out

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Hugh0 here you will find all requirements for family collection

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2187/how-do-i-join-the-family-collection

Thanks. I can read. That’s not the issue. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Hugh0,

Nice to see you here. I hope you are good.

Just a thought.

One of the criteria for a listing to be included in the 'Family Collection' is it needs to have at least five reviews and of those at least 2 five-star reviews from a family (a child or infant must have been included in the booking). I wonder have your three listings which are not showing as eligible, met this criteria? 

Speak to you soon. 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Lizzie

thanks for your message. I’m still moving very slow.

All of my apartments have families constantly.

As I mentioned, two ore identical, side by side. One is family friendly and the other is excluded - too weird

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Hugh0

Looking at all your 5 listings, 3 of them have 4,5* overall rating.  One of the criteria is 4,8* star ratings in the last 365 days.  Could that be it ?

Not being able to look into your progress ratings, it is only guesswork of course, so please spare the "I can read" bit - we are just trying to be helpful.

Reviews

Your listing must maintain a 4.8 overall rating in the past 365 days, with at least 5 total reviews. You’ll also need at least 2 five-star reviews from families. To count as a family review, a child or infant must have been included as a confirmed guest on the booking.

Thanks. None of my apartments have a 4.5 overall rating.

The issue, which apparently I have not made sufficiently clear, is that identical apartments are being classified differently by Airbnb and those that miss out are greyed out and unable to select to see why Airbnb thinks they are lacking.

IMO, not reading a posted issue and posting the Airbnb regulations is not helpful and not appreciated. It assumes someone has not read them before posting.

Posting the regulations a second time is not helpful either.

@Hugh0

When looking at your listings from my end it looks like three of them have 4,5* overall ratings, so that would be my guess for non-qualification.

This is a discussion forum where hosts try to help each other, if you find that some replies are unhelpful, out of context or off topic, simply ignore them. Snarky comments do not encourage others to try and help. 

They are 4.8 at this end.

Why not practice what you preach? If you find my reply “unhelpful”, “simply ignore them”.

@Hugh0

With such an attitude, no wonder you do not qualify.

Take your personal issues elsewhere. This forum is not the place for “snarky” inappropriate comments

Gina32
Level 10
Bridport, Australia

Yes @Hugh0 I have the same issue they say certain listings are eligible and others are not and you can't see why not.

Everyone.... this is visible to the host only in the Progess - Opportunities tab.

Unless I let infants stay for free my properties will never be eligible by the look of it, because I say not suitable for under 2 yrs, and I say this because of the FREE infants policy airbnb have created.