Not getting paid for more than a month

Николай8
Level 1
Saint Petersburg, Russia

Not getting paid for more than a month

At the beggining of the july I had guests from airbnb, they booked my appartment in advance (~2-3 months before the actual check-in date). But they increased the number of guests by 1 and that caused the sum to increase for about 20$ 2 weeks before the actual check-in.

Their booking went smoothly, but I did not get paid. Firstly, I thought it was general delay, but when the week have passed since that event had to occur, I began to worry and in a few days I sent a message to support.

Support said that airbnb did not get full payment, they did not get paid for additional guest. And said that as soon as they receive payment, they will pay me.

But more than a month have passed since this event had to happen, and I haven't still received any money for this reservation, it is obvious that guests are not going to pay any additional money, but airbnb is ignoring my questions in support chat and they close any new chats immediately. What should I do to get paid at least the money without payment for an additional guest?

2 Replies 2
Kazuko3
Level 2
Osaka, Japan

I have the same issue. I raised up the unpaid payment 2 months ago, but no progress at all. I had sent several reminders, and called customer experience, but no reply to my reminders, and customer experience just say "the case is under investigation and the professional team will respond you soon after it is resolved". I think the longer time passes, the more difficult I can get the payment.

According to customer experience, Airbnb had received the payment when the booking was initially made, but guests advanced check-in date by day, causing an extra charge for 1 night, which had been left unpaid by guests. Airbnb cannot pay to hosts until they receive this unpaid part.

I think it is very primitive yet fatal system/structual issue. Airbnb accepts booking only after they assures the payment. The same principle should be applied to the booking change. Otherwise, guests can make a booking for 1 nights, Airbnb/hosts conrifmed, then guests can change for 30 nights, don't pay, but hosts cannot notice the unpaid portion.

Customer experience says over the phone that there're lots of such cases so it may take time for investigation. If it is so, the system should be changed immediately, but it seems no action. It is because Airbnb does not get any damage from it. I wonder how much of "unpaid" money has been suspended in the whole world...

Vanda-and-Friends0
Level 2
Lisbon, Portugal

Hi, 

My case is not exactly the same, but because the guest changed the dates i didn't get payed as well.

No one gives you a straight answer, and now after some phonne calls and messages they stopped answering entirely.

Did any of you solved your problems?